Front door panel rattling - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Front door panel rattling

Visit 1aauto.com For ShockTober Deals on Monroe shocks andAdvance Adapters SYE KitsFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-14-2014, 01:32 PM   #1
zflux
2012 MK Compass 

Front door panel rattling

Just got a 2012 Jeep Compass with the Boston audio system in it. The system sounds great but my front door panels rattle just enough to make it really annoying. When I hold them it stops. Any suggestions on what to add or tighten up to make it stop?

Much appreciated

zflux is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 09:46 AM   #2
Fredjweb
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zflux View Post
Just got a 2012 Jeep Compass with the Boston audio system in it. The system sounds great but my front door panels rattle just enough to make it really annoying. When I hold them it stops. Any suggestions on what to add or tighten up to make it stop?

Much appreciated
For me it turned out to be more of the lock pull at the top of the door. I put a tiny bit of electrical tape around it and 99% of my rattling is solved. Hope that helps!
Fredjweb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-16-2014, 03:22 PM   #3
zflux
2012 MK Compass 

When you put the tape on did you put it on the outside, or open the door panel up and tape around the unit?
Unread 02-17-2014, 05:36 AM   #4
Fredjweb
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zflux View Post
When you put the tape on did you put it on the outside, or open the door panel up and tape around the unit?
I just wrapped the plastic piece with everything together. When the door auto lock the piece drops down and that's what rattles the most against the door panel. Long as your interior is black no one will ever see it. Hope that's helpful! It was a much easier fix than taking everything apart!
Unread 02-17-2014, 07:51 AM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

I had the same problem with my '08 Compass. The silver lock button that was vibrating and making the noise is screwed on to a threaded shaft. I went to the auto parts store and found some buttons that had a more rubbery finish, and replaced the stock buttons. No more noise.
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-17-2014, 09:13 AM   #6
Fredjweb
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
I had the same problem with my '08 Compass. The silver lock button that was vibrating and making the noise is screwed on to a threaded shaft. I went to the auto parts store and found some buttons that had a more rubbery finish, and replaced the stock buttons. No more noise.
Ha! Much more elegant fix than mine. I'm gonna hit the parts store on the way home!
Unread 02-17-2014, 01:55 PM   #7
zflux
2012 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Ill have to try this out Thanks

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.