Front Bumper Lights (Compass) - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Front Bumper Lights (Compass)

Premium LED Lighting by VISION X, Proudly sold at ROCKRIDGFS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectCess Recovery Gear Snatch Tow Strap OffRoad @ ROCKRIDGE4WD

Unread 02-23-2007, 05:40 PM   #1
x96mnn
2008 KK Liberty 

Front Bumper Lights (Compass)

I have seen a few pictures of the Compass with lights installed on the front bumper. Has anyone attempted this?

x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-23-2007, 06:30 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Are these other than the Fog Lights? Can you tell us where the pictures were or link to them?

BTW. Thanks for the Compass article and welcome to the group!

enew-019.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 02-23-2007 at 09:11 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2007, 01:01 PM   #3
x96mnn
2008 KK Liberty 

Thank You!

here is a link to one that has more custome work on it, the lights on the bumper are what I am interested in.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/01/s...ompass-rallye/

This Video clip shows a Compass with the lights on the front bumper, watch it until the end, 1:53 to 2:19 and it has video of the Compass going through a fairly rough trail.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlHdOeTqyH8
x96mnn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2007, 01:14 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The Compass is getting rally mods.

Good video, at least he got dirty!

Those 7" PIAA 800 driving lights have many listings and sources if you do a Google search. Some of the sites had instructions also and the caveat "not for Highway use". Anybody have leads on something similar?

eimg_6584.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 02-24-2007 at 02:01 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 09:39 PM   #5
madrabbitt

hella 500's?

slightly larger then 6 inches or so.
55 watt bulbs, so you CAN use them on highways in conjunction with your high beams (obviously kill them for oncoming traffic)

The install isnt too hard on most vehicles... however with the type of bumper the compass has, it might require some reenforcing or possibly some brackets. The hellas, and most lights of its type install with a single big bolt.

Some of the new hella FF series have the option of single bolt or two self tapping screws, which would work correctly on the plastic bumper of the compass.

Narrow down what you're looking for, and i'll tell you where, how, and what.

Are you looking for long range driving bulbs to assist your high beams on the highway, short range to supplement your low beams in the city, you going for looks over functionality, you want small, big, what?

And back to that blue compass rallye, that is seriously the first compass i've seen that i've actually liked... no offense to the compass owners, but i cant stand the front design.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.