Fog Lamp Plug?? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Fog Lamp Plug??

The ULTIMATE "Selectable" Locker System! BroughRough Country Lift Kits and Parts!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 08-10-2007, 06:32 PM   #1
YeepYeepin
2009 JK Wrangler 

Fog Lamp Plug??

My Patriot didn't come with fog lights and i want to know how to remove the plastic plugs that take up the hole. Can someone help me out? Thanks!!

YeepYeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-10-2007, 07:22 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

See post 5
efog-lamp.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-11-2007, 08:25 AM   #3
nearly.normal
2007 MK Patriot 

Hey Yeep,

There are a couple Fog Light Diagrams (Install/removal etc) on the page linked to in my signature.
You may also want to grab the Connector/Splice/Ground pdf from there also. Not sure if you need it now. But can be very handy for any electrical work.

Actually I am not sure if ANY of that shows hot to get the spacers out.. but there it is anyway....

Cheers,
Jim
Unread 08-12-2007, 06:42 AM   #4
Jason31

Could you take some pictures of this cover? I can help, but I don't know what they look like, as mine came with the lights.
Unread 08-12-2007, 07:22 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Put the front end up in the air using ramps or jack stands. Remove from the front splash pans six T20 Torx screws and four large push pins. On the push pins, use two small flat screwdrivers inserted in the slots of the side of the seat, shown in the picture, and pry the center of the pin loose. Using a slotted trim panel tool or something similar, pull the center most of the way out of the seat and remove the splash shield.

You will probably have a plug that is attached just like the fog lamp, both left and right shown.
epin.jpg   efog-lite.jpg   efog-lite-1-.jpg  

Unread 08-13-2007, 08:53 PM   #6
Jason31

Great pictures Gramps, but I think from his original question, he's asking how to get the filler plug out of the fog lamp housing area. A Compass that didn't come from the factory with fog lights probably has a filler piece that takes up that area instead.
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:15 PM   #7
YeepYeepin
2009 JK Wrangler 

Got It!

I'll post pics whenever I have enought posts for it to be allowed. I'll try to explain the best I can until that point. It's really quite simple. The plastic plug snaps in at 12 and 6 o clock. If you look at Gramps' first diagram, you can see what I'm talking about. Once access is gained and a little light is available, just release the clips and that's it. Like I said, I have pics; just can't post 'em yet. I did some touchup painting on them and Like the way it turned out. I'm having driving lights installed onto the bumper tomorrow at noon. Can't wait! Thanks guys for your help
YeepYeepin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-13-2007, 09:18 PM   #8
Jason31

Also, its not necessary to remove the torx screws. I just removed the plastic ones on each end to install silverstar foglights. (did the headlights too, nice upgrade).

Its probably easier to take it all out, but not necessary. I also did not jack the front end of the compass up in the air.
Unread 08-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I may go a little over board on what needs to be remover but I like to have some working room , if I don't and someone gets all cut up or breaks something by pulling on it too hard I haven't given very good advise/instructions. I've got so many scars on my arms now from working in tight spots that they look like road maps. If someone wants to take 'short cuts" that's their decision.

I thought that the plugs may be held in by 2 screws just like the fog lamps. Guess not.

You can use http://photobucket.com/ and post a link.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.