Floor mats, Bike rack & Aux Lights - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Floor mats, Bike rack & Aux Lights

JK specific skid plates from Clayton Off Road Mfg.RCV Heavy Duty Axle Shafts Now Shipping at Baseline4x4.comStainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 11-28-2006, 06:34 PM   #16
phil8400

No luck with these slush mats. I'd take pictures, but they wouldn't be worth it.

The mats I received match the web code, but they are "jet black" and not "Slate Grey" as described. Also, they do not have the Jeep logo on them as described on the website...before I ordered them. On the day I ordered, they described the mats as having "likeness of Compass's front grille + Jeep logo". This description has since been changed...unless I dreamed it. Regardless, the color is way off.

I am sending them back.

phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-28-2006, 07:19 PM   #17
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

That SUCKS!!
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 07:24 AM   #18
phil8400

I should say that the CS rep I spoke with was very sympathetic and approved the return as well as refunding the shipping charges.

Regarding the mats, the rep explained that another set had also been returned to them for the same reasons. He explained that they are dealing with MOPAR to find out why the mats delilvered to them were not "as described".

Last edited by phil8400; 11-30-2006 at 10:53 AM..
Unread 11-30-2006, 02:43 PM   #19
snikr

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8400
No luck with these slush mats. I'd take pictures, but they wouldn't be worth it.

The mats I received match the web code, but they are "jet black" and not "Slate Grey" as described. Also, they do not have the Jeep logo on them as described on the website...before I ordered them. On the day I ordered, they described the mats as having "likeness of Compass's front grille + Jeep logo". This description has since been changed...unless I dreamed it. Regardless, the color is way off.

I am sending them back.
OK I rechecked your posts and couldn't find where you ordered the slush mats from, JeepWorld or WeatherTech. I'd like to get some so I'd like to know where NOT to order them from. TIA

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-30-2006, 08:17 PM   #20
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by snikr
OK I rechecked your posts and couldn't find where you ordered the slush mats from, JeepWorld or WeatherTech. I'd like to get some so I'd like to know where NOT to order them from. TIA

Tom
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=12

Wait a tic though...

I wasn't going to keep the mats because of the black color vs grey and the lack of the Jeep logo. Other than that, these mats are a perfect fit with the floor hook and all.
Unless you're as picky as I am, these are MUCH cheaper and do look to be original (although generic) Mopar items.

I called the dealership today and noone seems to think that anything Jeep branded will be available for some time. My brother owns a Libby and the slush mats were only available after about a year.

I'm actually reconsidering now
Unread 12-01-2006, 03:43 AM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by phil8400
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=12

Wait a tic though...

I wasn't going to keep the mats because of the black color vs grey and the lack of the Jeep logo. Other than that, these mats are a perfect fit with the floor hook and all.
Unless you're as picky as I am, these are MUCH cheaper and do look to be original (although generic) Mopar items.

I called the dealership today and none seems to think that anything Jeep branded will be available for some time. My brother owns a Libby and the slush mats were only available after about a year.

I'm actually reconsidering now
Pictures, Phil?? Do you still have my email saved in your pm's? Send me the pics and I'll post them for you. I don't have a Jeep Logo now so, for the price, functional would be a good thing.

Gramps

Last edited by Gramps; 12-01-2006 at 04:27 AM..
Unread 12-01-2006, 07:38 AM   #22
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Pictures, Phil?? Do you still have my email saved in your pm's? Send me the pics and I'll post them for you. I don't have a Jeep Logo now so, for the price, functional would be a good thing.

Gramps
Sure thing. I'll take them tonight and send them to you. I appreciate you posting them for me since I don't currently have access to web space.

Your interior is "Pebble Beige" right? It's just too bad that these mats are black rather than grey.
Unread 12-01-2006, 07:50 AM   #23
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Oh no, Pastel / Slate Grey, I think the pebble beige look came from the flash. I wouldn't be concerned about black. No problem on the posting, we're all in this together.

Gramps

Last edited by Gramps; 12-01-2006 at 08:19 AM..
Unread 12-01-2006, 08:51 AM   #24
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Kev M wrote:
For the record, I’ve had the weathertech floor liners for some vehicles, like my XJ and they were THE BEST. Fit was perfect, they were quite durable and they can seriously contain rain, slush, mud or even the occasional spilled big gulp from my daughter!!!!

I’m planning on adding a set to the Baja as soon as I can $$$

Kev

Kev,

Price was a factor in most people getting the Compass to begin with, that's probably why the price on the weathertech is putting some people off. Ya' get what ya' pay for.... I may go ahead and splurge.

Gramps

Last edited by Gramps; 12-01-2006 at 09:26 AM..
Unread 12-01-2006, 11:24 AM   #25
phil8400

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Oh no, Pastel / Slate Grey, I think the pebble beige look came from the flash.
Oh yah, of course...sheesh, you even posted pics of your carpet mats. Time for another coffee I think. lol.
Unread 12-01-2006, 12:05 PM   #26
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

LOL! Been there done that (remember NO2?). With some of the threads already talking about modifications maybe I should have said "It's STILL Pastel / Slate Grey.
Unread 12-01-2006, 06:34 PM   #27
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Slush Mats v Standard Mats

Hi Gramps! ...if that is your real name See my profile)

Here are the pics of the mats I got from Jeepworld.com

I purposely took one picture next to a black candle holder to show that
they indeed not grey.

The driver's side looks to be the same shape as yours, but the
passenger is different.
I don't know what the rear OEM carpet mats look like.

Let me know what you think.

Cheers,
Phil

This first set is of the front mats for comparison:
1 and 2 are Phils slush mats,
3 and 4 are my stock ones
5 is the MOPAR Pentastar

Gramps
edrivers.jpg   epassenger.jpg   epicture-004.jpg   epicture-001.jpg   epentastar.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 12-01-2006 at 07:25 PM..
Unread 12-01-2006, 06:42 PM   #28
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Rear Mats and Hooks

I like the way that the hook appears to be a sealed area and the extra weight would help hold them in place. The larger size of the slush mats would certainly catch more of the slush.
Also, my stock mats have never looked very "grey" to me, they look black. The extended area on the rears I'm sure fit nicely up under the seats where big feet would go!

Thanks for the pictures Phil! Maybe this will help several of us.

http://www.jeepworld.com/accessories.../slushmats.htm

http://www.weathertech.com/store/veh...pt_choice_id=0

Gramps
etop.jpg   ebottom.jpg   erear.jpg   elrear.jpg   ecolor.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 12-02-2006 at 07:35 AM..
Unread 12-02-2006, 02:18 PM   #29
snikr

Gramps,

Thanks for posting the photos. It looks like if I don't get any for Xmas I may have to get some from JeepWorld.

Tom

So many roads.......So little vacation time
snikr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-04-2006, 10:55 AM   #30
phil8400

Until today, I hadn't even bothered putting them in my Compass since I was certain I'd be sending them back. Over the weekend, we had an ice storm here in Ottawa...and I decided "to heck with it", and put in my Jeepworld mats.

As it turns out, the pattern on these is the exact same as the pattern on the cargo floor. They fit perfectly and are shaped in perfect form including where they attach to the front floor hooks. As for the black color, they really don't seem so bad...actually, they are pretty darn sweet.

So, apart from the Jeep logo, which is substituted by the matching floor pattern, I would recommend these.

I am eating lunch as I write this...I am having a crow sandwich. Mmm good.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.