Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Floor mats, Bike rack & Aux Lights

7K views 73 replies 14 participants last post by  echocat22 
#1 ·
Anyone find Jeep brand slush floor mats yet?
Too early?

#2 ·
I'm looking for those too. They have them for the Caliber. Have you tried calling the dealer? Lots of stuff just isn't on the website yet. I'll check down here.

Gramps

#3 ·
Gramps said:
I'm looking for those too. They have them for the Caliber. Have you tried calling the dealer? Lots of stuff just isn't on the website yet. I'll check down here.

Gramps
I did, they don't have any info either. "Too new" they say. :rolleyes:
I'm still waiting for my carpet mats. The dealer forgot to order them for me and now he's waiting to get another Compass so that he can take them from that one and claim them as "missing" from DC. lol.

#5 ·
Gramps is correct, Mopar has no listing yet. However I have found these:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/ve..._id=1250&item_group_id=52&veh_opt_choice_id=0

I can't find any reviews specific to the Compass yet. However pretty much every single review I have found claims they are the best. They are very popular with Nissan Xterra owners. I am planning on ordering a set very soon. I will then post pics and a review. I highly doubt Mopar will release a better quality mat than the WeatherTech FloorLiner.

Also my factory carpet floor mats finally came in yesterday. They are very nice looking and seem to be very high quality. No doubt they feel nice and make the Jeep look much better. I highly recommend them if you don't already have a set!

#7 ·
alwayslearnin said:
Gramps is correct, Mopar has no listing yet. However I have found these:

http://www.weathertech.com/store/ve..._id=1250&item_group_id=52&veh_opt_choice_id=0

I can't find any reviews specific to the Compass yet. However pretty much every single review I have found claims they are the best. They are very popular with Nissan Xterra owners. I am planning on ordering a set very soon. I will then post pics and a review. I highly doubt Mopar will release a better quality mat than the WeatherTech FloorLiner.

Also my factory carpet floor mats finally came in yesterday. They are very nice looking and seem to be very high quality. No doubt they feel nice and make the Jeep look much better. I highly recommend them if you don't already have a set!
Do they (carpet mats) read "Jeep" or "Compass" or both?
Also, do they clip into the floor's plastic clip thingy?

Too bad that site doesn't have actual photos of the front mats.

#8 ·
phil8400 said:
Do they (carpet mats) read "Jeep" or "Compass" or both?
Also, do they clip into the floor's plastic clip thingy?

Too bad that site doesn't have actual photos of the front mats.
The OEM carpet floor mats have the Jeep logo on each of the front mats. Each front mat also has a very heavy duty grommet that locks securely into the plastic clip. The rear mats have no logo. There is no clip on the floor in the back. So there is no corresponding grommet on the rear mats.

I agree that it's a bummer WeatherTech doesn't show an actual picture of the front mats. That is what is holding me back from placing my order!

#14 ·
Phil had asked for some pictures of the standard mats that came with my Limited so here they are for everybody. As you can see they have no Jeep Logo and the rears are the same except rectangular with no grommet. I believe that the Premium mats are more plush with the Logo. The little pyramids on the back hold them in place quite well, you even have to lift the front of the mat to slide them off of the hook so there isn't much "wiggle" factor once they're laid down. It'll be interesting to see how the Slush Mats accommodate the hook on the floor so that you don't end up with a drain hole back onto the carpet.

Gramps

Attachments

#16 ·
No luck with these slush mats. I'd take pictures, but they wouldn't be worth it.

The mats I received match the web code, but they are "jet black" and not "Slate Grey" as described. Also, they do not have the Jeep logo on them as described on the website...before I ordered them. On the day I ordered, they described the mats as having "likeness of Compass's front grille + Jeep logo". This description has since been changed...unless I dreamed it. Regardless, the color is way off.

I am sending them back.

#18 · (Edited)
I should say that the CS rep I spoke with was very sympathetic and approved the return as well as refunding the shipping charges.

Regarding the mats, the rep explained that another set had also been returned to them for the same reasons. He explained that they are dealing with MOPAR to find out why the mats delilvered to them were not "as described".

#19 ·
phil8400 said:
No luck with these slush mats. I'd take pictures, but they wouldn't be worth it.

The mats I received match the web code, but they are "jet black" and not "Slate Grey" as described. Also, they do not have the Jeep logo on them as described on the website...before I ordered them. On the day I ordered, they described the mats as having "likeness of Compass's front grille + Jeep logo". This description has since been changed...unless I dreamed it. Regardless, the color is way off.

I am sending them back.
OK I rechecked your posts and couldn't find where you ordered the slush mats from, JeepWorld or WeatherTech. I'd like to get some so I'd like to know where NOT to order them from. TIA

Tom

#20 ·
snikr said:
OK I rechecked your posts and couldn't find where you ordered the slush mats from, JeepWorld or WeatherTech. I'd like to get some so I'd like to know where NOT to order them from. TIA

Tom
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2943922&postcount=12

Wait a tic though...

I wasn't going to keep the mats because of the black color vs grey and the lack of the Jeep logo. Other than that, these mats are a perfect fit with the floor hook and all.
Unless you're as picky as I am, these are MUCH cheaper and do look to be original (although generic) Mopar items.

I called the dealership today and noone seems to think that anything Jeep branded will be available for some time. My brother owns a Libby and the slush mats were only available after about a year.

I'm actually reconsidering now :confused:

#21 · (Edited)
phil8400 said:
http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showpost.php?p=2943922&postcount=12

Wait a tic though...

I wasn't going to keep the mats because of the black color vs grey and the lack of the Jeep logo. Other than that, these mats are a perfect fit with the floor hook and all.
Unless you're as picky as I am, these are MUCH cheaper and do look to be original (although generic) Mopar items.

I called the dealership today and none seems to think that anything Jeep branded will be available for some time. My brother owns a Libby and the slush mats were only available after about a year.

I'm actually reconsidering now :confused:
Pictures, Phil?? Do you still have my email saved in your pm's? Send me the pics and I'll post them for you. I don't have a Jeep Logo now so, for the price, functional would be a good thing.

Gramps

#22 ·
Gramps said:
Pictures, Phil?? Do you still have my email saved in your pm's? Send me the pics and I'll post them for you. I don't have a Jeep Logo now so, for the price, functional would be a good thing.

Gramps
Sure thing. I'll take them tonight and send them to you. I appreciate you posting them for me since I don't currently have access to web space.

Your interior is "Pebble Beige" right? It's just too bad that these mats are black rather than grey.

#23 · (Edited)
Oh no, Pastel / Slate Grey, I think the pebble beige look came from the flash. I wouldn't be concerned about black. No problem on the posting, we're all in this together.

Gramps

#24 · (Edited)
Kev M wrote:
For the record, I've had the weathertech floor liners for some vehicles, like my XJ and they were THE BEST. Fit was perfect, they were quite durable and they can seriously contain rain, slush, mud or even the occasional spilled big gulp from my daughter!!!!

I'm planning on adding a set to the Baja as soon as I can $$$

Kev

Kev,

Price was a factor in most people getting the Compass to begin with, that's probably why the price on the weathertech is putting some people off. Ya' get what ya' pay for.... I may go ahead and splurge.

Gramps

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.