Flashing Check Engine Light when in ON possition. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Flashing Check Engine Light when in ON possition.

Jeep Liberty Wheel Bearing & Hub - FrontSAVE BIG: Christmas in July Sale!Jeep Liberty Window Regulator

Unread 06-18-2013, 06:10 PM   #1
witvulco
2007 MK Patriot 

Flashing Check Engine Light when in ON possition.

Hey Everyone.
I have a 2007 Patriot. Have had heaps of trouble with it lately. Most recently was the Totally Integrated Power Module. I had it down at the dealer and they had to flash the TIPM.

This seemed to have fixed all of the problems with it other than one weird thing, When I have the the ignition at the on position. The check engine light comes on (I know this is normal). If you wait a couple seconds it begins to flash. This eventually goes away and remains solid.

I only ask because its never done this before. If you turn the engine, the light turns off. Is this something that came later for the patriots, or is there actually something wrong?

Thanks for the help in advanced.

Added 19 June 2013.
Having some additional issues now. Last night the Check Engine light came on. The error was a miscomunication with the Transmission Control Module, had it cleared and it stayed off.
This morning when I started my vehicle, my ESP, Traction Control and ABS lights came on. I drove for a bit pulled over and restarted the vehicle. The lights didn't come back on. When I went for lunch today the Check Engine light came back on. Any Sugestions?

Last edited by witvulco; 06-19-2013 at 01:42 PM..
witvulco is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.