First 2008 MK! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > First 2008 MK!

USA Made JK Rear Axles!!! Revolution Gear and AxleFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitThe ALL NEW Factor 55 ProLink Winch Shackle Mounts availab

Unread 09-25-2007, 03:47 PM   #1
Ericf1785
2008 MK Patriot 

The new 2008 Patriot

I am new to the forums here but already impressed with the amount if info that is floating around. I saw this thread and was happy to find that i can be the first to make this claim,

I have an 08 Jeep patriot, I picked it up a week ago. Its been a great week and have found a whole new passion for driving. This is my first jeep but I have been in love with them for a while. I payed around 22k for mine and the rough specs are as follows.
08 patriot sport 4x4
preferred 26E package-which has most of the standard essentials-power locks floor mats etc.
I have the automatic transmission sadly not with the crawl ratio.
It has the serius radio and i share everyones frustration with not having the ability to see the song names etc
And the last real upgrade that is in it is the Boston acoustics speaker package. I think this is definitely the best upgrade available. The difference in the sound is remarkable and the flip down lift gate speakers are more than great for tailgating etc. and it automatically adds the premium steering wheel to your vehicle.
I wanted the 17in wheels but it wasn't my top priority so I settled for free upgraded rims.

Even without the crawl ratio its a great jeep for off roding and general playing in the mud. I would post some pics but as I just signed up I am not allowed to. in reference to the sport shifting killing your gas mileage is that true? I would think it would almost be better since your keeping the engine from revving to nearly 6000 rpms before shifting during quick acceleration.

In terms of the engine does anyone know any particular mod chips that increase the performance and shifting?

Also anyone have ideas for sweet after market upgrades?

cheers!

Eric

oh...and mine is black

Ericf1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 04:37 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

First 2008 MK!

to JF and on your new Patriot!

The "sport shifting" with the AutoStik, well, some of of are hot rodders and have a heavy foot. Actually it doesn't kill the mileage that much, maybe not at all, if you drive it like a sane person. CorolisSTORM and I were each other for the most part. Also as you adjust to driving the CVT and let it do it's own shifting your mileage tends to go up.

The few things that have been tested so far are:

K&N Cold Air System (should also fit the Patriot, waiting for confirmation)

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/k-n-aircharger-high-flow-intake-cold-air-intake-merged-397452/

Catback exhaust from Magnaflow

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/compass-awd-catback-exhaust-magnaflow-349646/

and more good info here:

nearly,normal’s site

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/homegeown-jeep-patriot-info-site-443330/

I would stay away from the mod chips. I've seen them claim better mileage and more HP from 10-45 and I just don't buy it. With the dual VVT engine, CVT and all of the other electronics I simple don't trust them, not to mention what the dealer would charge to reprogram everything after its been messed up.

For posting pics, you can sign up with photobucket, it's free and then post links to your pics or bcome a supporting member.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:18 PM   #3
Ericf1785
2008 MK Patriot 

Gramps,

Thanks for the welcome and info. I am not sure I understand how to post pictures using only an url? I assume i am just being stupid but who knows. Let me know how I can upload pics from my computer.

Cheers

Eric
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:47 PM   #4
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

In all honesty I do find myself hotrodding it with AutoStick at least 3-4 times a day. Cant really say my Caliber (wannabe MK) is a hotrod worthy vehicle, but it is definitely faster than my 2.5L Wrangler. Congrats and welcome! The more I look at Patriots the more I like them (beggining to like them more than my Caliber) If they do make an SRT Patriot I will be game! (havent heard of one yet sadly)
Unread 09-25-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Go to photobucket and join there first. Then you upload your pics and you then click on the url and copy and paste to your post here. You can either run 2 or more open windows to copy and paste back and forth or what I find to be easier is to paste the links into a word document and then copy and transfer the whole thing to my post.

OR

Go read the pm that I just sent you.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Unread 09-26-2007, 07:57 PM   #6
Ericf1785
2008 MK Patriot 

Here are some pictures of my 2008 patriot sport 4x4 from the second day I had the car. I had to drive it up from Philly to Boston but hit the trails as soon as I was home. It didnt hesitate and I am looking forward to doing a lot more.

Hope you like the shots as much as I do. Check the rims, they were a free upgrade as part of the price negotiations. They arnt 17in but I think they look great.

Cheers,

Unread 09-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericf1785
Here are some pictures of my 2008 patriot sport 4x4 from the second day I had the car. I had to drive it up from Philly to Boston but hit the trails as soon as I was home. It didnt hesitate and I am looking forward to doing a lot more.

Hope you like the shots as much as I do. Check the rims, they were a free upgrade as part of the price negotiations. They arnt 17in but I think they look great.

Cheers,

Cool! Glad you did the photobucket thing! Wheels are nice! 16's? What size tires?

Unread 09-26-2007, 07:58 PM   #8
Ericf1785
2008 MK Patriot 

One more

Unread 09-26-2007, 08:03 PM   #9
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ericf1785
One more

OK, there's always room!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.