JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Finally, got my Compass (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/finally-got-my-compass-357835/)

echocat22 01-04-2007 07:21 PM

Finally, got my Compass
 
ok, ordered a compass sport 4x4 oct 26th, was told 8 weeks, well, i stopped in this past tue and told the dealer i was getting tired of waiting(this week makes 10 weeks) he looked at dealerships in jersey and conn. and was able to finally find one, with a few more options on it then i originally specd' out, that satisfied me..........in the meantime, i had put 2,000 miles on the car in the process (makes me feel a little better about getting more "value" out of the deal) he gave me the same trade in value for it............was able to get him to knock off $750 bucks in addition to the rebate.........so i got the sport 4x4, steel blue metallic exterior, pastel slate gray interior, yes essentials seats, preferred package 26e, security and cargo convenience group, driver convenience group(not on my original specd' out car), 9 speaker premium sound system, heated front seats(not on my original specd' out car), cvt transmsission(automatic), power sunroof, speed control, am/fm stereo radio w/ in dash 6 disc cd/mp3 player, full size spare, outline white letter all terrian tires....accesories being added tomorrow, front, sunroof, and window(s) air deflector(s), tail lamp guards, splash guards(front and back), floor mats(have those snazzy paper ones right now)...also had them do the anti theft labels........only have had time to put my "stuff" back into the compass, havent read any off the books/phamplets, have to say for the whopping 10 miles i drove it, "love it":D

Gramps 01-05-2007 03:39 AM

:thumbsup: :congrats: :cheers: :banana::cool: When words just aren't enough! Pictures, pictures.

phil8400 01-05-2007 08:39 AM

Glad you got the driver convenience group. Mine didn't come with it because no one had the Compass in stock and beggers could not be choosers. I find it kind of disappointing staring at my gauge cluster and seeing that big empty void that should have all these cool gadgets.

Mistyfate 01-05-2007 12:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil8400
Glad you got the driver convenience group. Mine didn't come with it because no one had the Compass in stock and beggers could not be choosers. I find it kind of disappointing staring at my gauge cluster and seeing that big empty void that should have all these cool gadgets.


I can absolutely relate...mine didn't come with the driver's convenience group or sun roof...but we had the sun roof installed and it is suppposedly "good as factory installed" so far so good. No compass in my Compass though....and no tire pressure gauge...and driver convenience goodies :(

but I was pleased to find that even though I do not have the driver's convenience group...I still have a thermometer for the outside temp!

I bought my Compass in August...and the dealer said that I would have to factory order one...if I wanted to get a Compass with all the specs that I wanted...needless to say I am impatient and went for the one that he had on the lot!

echocat22 01-05-2007 01:15 PM

i factory ordered one, like i said, oct 26th, but got tired of waiting (after 10 weeks)....after bugging the dealer, ended up with "my factory order" with the added on "extras" of the drivers convience group and the heated seats (ended up paying a tad more but am glad i did get the dcg, like the way the silver/gray accents around the gagues match to gray interior)........not sure how much longer i would of took for my original factory order, it was still in d status as of 1-2-07....according to my dealer, there are many more compasses out there now, being specd out all different ways, as opposed to oct and nov.............GRAMPS, as far as pics, i'll try and take some next week if i can ( all the accesories will be put on tomorrow, they didnt all come in today :( ), dont know how to post them though

Gramps 01-05-2007 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by echocat22
i factory ordered one, like i said, oct 26th, but got tired of waiting (after 10 weeks)....after bugging the dealer, ended up with "my factory order" with the added on "extras" of the drivers convience group and the heated seats (ended up paying a tad more but am glad i did get the dcg, like the way the silver/gray accents around the gagues match to gray interior)........not sure how much longer i would of took for my original factory order, it was still in d status as of 1-2-07....according to my dealer, there are many more compasses out there now, being specd out all different ways, as opposed to oct and nov.............GRAMPS, as far as pics, i'll try and take some next week if i can ( all the accesories will be put on tomorrow, they didnt all come in today :( ), dont know how to post them though

To post as attachments you either need 50 posts or upgrade to "Supporting Member". If you have a website/page you can link to it. If you like, I would be happy to post them for you, I will pm you with my email address just in case that's how you want to go.

phil8400 01-05-2007 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mistyfate
I can absolutely relate...mine didn't come with the driver's convenience group or sun roof...but we had the sun roof installed and it is suppposedly "good as factory installed" so far so good. No compass in my Compass though....and no tire pressure gauge...and driver convenience goodies :(

but I was pleased to find that even though I do not have the driver's convenience group...I still have a thermometer for the outside temp!

I bought my Compass in August...and the dealer said that I would have to factory order one...if I wanted to get a Compass with all the specs that I wanted...needless to say I am impatient and went for the one that he had on the lot!

I wonder if we can buy the EVIC computer after market :)

madrabbitt 01-06-2007 05:02 AM

please, someone host his pics.
heck i'll do it for you.

i want to see that color

BuzzDog 01-06-2007 01:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by phil8400
I wonder if we can buy the EVIC computer after market :)

The EVIC is worse than crack cocaine as far as its addictive powers. :laugh:

Seriously, however, I fell for this feature the moment I saw it. I bought my Compass on an impulse, when I brought my Vibe to the Pontiac/GMC/Jeep dealer for service. Had to wait a half-hour or so, and I killed time by walking the lot, where I saw a dark blue Compass. Took me 10 seconds to do the math and realize that I should buy it.

When I returned the next evening to take another look and make an offer, my salesman told me to help myself to any vehicle I wanted to test drive, as the keys were on the hoods of all of the vehicles (they were getting ready to lock up). In the dark, I mistakenly test drove a black Compass with the EVIC, which was parked next to the dark blue one (without the EVIC) that I looked at the day before. When I sat down to make the deal, I noticed that the numbers were $425 more than I expected, at which point I realized I had the wrong vehicle.

When the salesman (who I know fairly well) said that I'd give up the EVIC to get the dark blue Compass, you'd have thought he was trying to sell me one without an engine! :rofl:

echocat22 01-06-2007 05:21 PM

madrabbitt ---if it is clear out tomorrow, i'll take some pics and send em to gramps(thanks gramps) and he will post them for me

echocat22 01-07-2007 06:26 PM

worked 12 hrs, no time today, will try for monday

Gramps 01-07-2007 07:37 PM

Got busy with projects and company myself. We can wait for some nice shots, take your time.:thumbsup:

echocat22 01-08-2007 05:57 AM

nothing but rain here today :( , will try for tomorrow

g3cko 01-08-2007 07:34 PM

congrats on the new ride.

echocat22 01-09-2007 05:27 AM

thanks, only 185 miles on it so far, 54 from the dealer:p


looks like it will be wed or thur for the pics, have to work another 12 hr night tonight


The time now is 01:48 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.