Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

FDII Towing Questions

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  mgramann 
#1 ·
Hey guys,

I did some forum/google searches with some mixed results, so I thought I'd ask the MK pros.

I just ordered an aftermarket hitch for my 2007 Patriot Limited. I went with the Class 3 as it has the 2" receiver, which is the same as my Cherokee, making swapping accessories easy.

Because it is the off road package, it's an FDII, and equipped with an oil cooler as well, right? Does this mean it can tow 2000lbs without adding anything else? I'm just wondering if the "tow package" parts like the oil cooler are the same as the FDII parts.

Oh, and the jeep came with the wiring harness kit, a nice surprise to me when I was checking out the spare tire area.

Any other pointers about towing with this would be excellent.

#2 ·
I've put some more info and links in the Quick Links sticky that should help with towing questions. See post #9 http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/...oad-tsbs-parts-books-more-519045/#post7067041

Yes, the FDII has the same engine oil cooler as the Towing Package. It also has a heavy duty radiator package that is not part of the Tow Package but should give some extra peace of mind.

Congrats and enjoy your rig! :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.