FD2 questions - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > FD2 questions

Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955XHD Heavy-Duty Hood Latches for JK and TJ available at OcoFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options!

Unread 02-21-2013, 09:18 AM   #16
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Good point...they do get slightly better MPG's than FDII's. I forgot about that. All in all, I'm extremely happy that I stuck with my gut and bought a FDII! I know that you are too

Kenny-g is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:23 AM   #17
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Not to hijack a thread but, have you seen all my youtube videos I posted? they look like crap, I need to get something other than just holding up my cell phone while I'm trying to wheel... and youtube's system to make the video less shaky actually make the trails look more bouncy then they are. what I really wish is I had somebody to take video while I climbed up some of those hills Monday.

the FDII system never fails to impress me or the wranglers I go out with. There were places where they overheated, got stuck, had problems with traction, and I just moseyed on up with my son in the passenger seat happy as could be.

The patriot could stand a bit more power though... I will admit that.. an extra 25 ponies and 40ft/lbs would do the trick.
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

^ I'm in the market for a GoPro for sure! And You think it's time for an intake and better exhaust to get like 1 or 2 more MPG's and a few more HP? Once I finally go up I think I'ma get some form of intake but don't know what yet.
Unread 02-21-2013, 09:54 AM   #19
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

actually... the filter is already a nice cone filter, its just confined in a box, if you were to open that box a bit AND upgrade the exhaust, you would free up some HP, but loose some water fording abilities. as far as exhaust... it has a pretty hefty pipe, the muffler and cat are probably the biggest restrictions.. replacing the muffler won't do much unless you replace the cat, and those are not cheap...
aroundincircles is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #20
Kenny-g
2013 JK Wrangler 

Yea...my idea of "new exhaust" is headers back, all new components haha and I'm shopping for a GoPro now...way to get me thinking about it lol

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.