FD I and FDII Brake-Lock Differential - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > FD I and FDII Brake-Lock Differential

RIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all USA Standard Chromoly Front Axle Shaft Kits with Dana 30 4Stainless Steel Door Hinge Pins

Unread 10-05-2013, 07:41 AM   #16
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

Yes, that is all the way off.

I have no experience with the firestones, but the wrangler sra's were very disappointing in almost all respects. You should see what kind of price you can get for slightly used tires on craig's list. I was surprised, I got 75% of the money for my new tires by selling my old tires.

Unread 10-16-2013, 10:34 AM   #17
rcguymike
2013 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BostonStrong View Post
I turned it all the way off today to see and it said ESP OFF. Is that correct?
I'm hoping to see how the Patriot performs in the first big snowstorm up here with the Firestones before I look into winter tires.
Though it's still in the 70's
You will not be disappointed in the snow with a patriot. Even with my stock good year eagles I could go more places than any other vehicle without full lockers(including a 2011 Silverado with rear auto locker I used to drive). If you like controlled wheel spin press the ESP button once, if you want to hammer on it and slide/drift with maximum power hold it in til it says ESP off in your display.
Pressing once turns off Traction control(which limits slipping by reducing engine power). Holding it turns everything off under 35mph(including ESP which tries to assist you regain control in the event of a skid by applying brakes to the necessary tire). The BLD's use the brakes to keep all 4 tires spinning at approximately the same speed allowing greater forward traction(this is always enabled no matter the mode).
Honestly in winter I prefer to drive with traction control off but with the skid protection on. There have been a few times on hills where I try to pull out onto the road and the engine reduces power, a few choice word pop into your mind, you quickly try to push the button and mash the throttle and the BLD's get you up to speed quick enough to avoid an accident or just annoying another driver.
rcguymike is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.