Farewell forum, parting ways with my Jeep Compass - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Farewell forum, parting ways with my Jeep Compass

Component speaker deal for your dash - NalinMFGJK Vent Covers - NalinMFGTJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFG

Unread 11-03-2013, 01:02 PM   #1
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Farewell forum, parting ways with my Jeep Compass

Ok, I've been on here many times with some nice posts and seen some nice information.

I just recently posted a thread to a high milege thread I started long ago.
I have a 2007 Jeep Compass Limited, FWD, 5-speed stick.

As of right now I have 249,414mi on it. NO MAJOR REPAIRS ! I was going to have it serviced for 250,000mi. I decided to trade it in.

I did a build and spec of a new 2014 Ford Fiesta. I wanted a small fuel efficient car. Its a hatchback so somewhat practical. It will take about 8 weeks to build and deliver my Fiesta.

Best of luck to you all with your Jeep Compass/Patriot and I hope it lasts as long as mine did. I truely believe my Compass will run 300k without a problem. I've simply driven it far enough and exceeded my personal expectations with it.

I will try to get a dash pic and odometer at quarter million and post it.

cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 02:16 PM   #2
MikeHoncho88
2013 JK Wrangler 

Annnnd his engine blows in 5, 4, 3...

Just kidding. Congrats on getting so many miles out of your vehicle. What made you leave the jeep brand?
MikeHoncho88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-03-2013, 03:25 PM   #3
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

What made me leave the Jeep brand? Prices and fuel mileage.

I live in PA. Contrary to everyone belief, I do not feel I need a 4WD vehicle. When you drive 40, 000mi a yr fuel mileage becomes a big concern. I wanted a smaller more fuel efficient vehicle.
I am single, my girlfriend is older. She has one adult daughter. I have no kids. No need for a big vehicle. I wanted a hatchback car to maximize fuel mileage. I think hatchback cars are practical with the ability to fold seats down for hauling bulky items.

I've been looking and considering something like the Ford Fiesta, Ford Focus, Mazda 3, Nissan Versa.

A lot of people bad mouthed the Jeep Compass at first because it wasn't a true Jeep. When you broke down the mechanics of it it's nothing more than Dodge Caliber with a Jeep badge on it.

When I drive 40, 000mi yr, fuel savings vs. Something averaging 28 Mpg's and up vs. Something getting close to 40 Mpg's.
If I'm in the situation where I need a bigger SUV or truck, it pays to rent one.
If I need a truck load of lumber Lowe's, with the money I save in gas, I can afford to pay them to bring it to me.

Nothing against Chrysler or Mopar. They simply don't make a small hatchback vehicle to sell me.
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.