Farewell Compass! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Farewell Compass!

Dual Color LED Light Bars White/AmberFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/Bla

Unread 01-09-2014, 04:30 PM   #1
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Farewell Compass!

After six and a half years, I have parted ways with my Jeep Compass.

I've posted here over the years. It was a 2007 Jeep Compass Limited. FWD 5-speed manual.
I had said before, I was trading it. I am leaving the Jeep brand and purchased a new 2014 Ford Fiesta hatchback. I didn't need a big vehicle and wanted fuel milelage.

I drive a crazy amount of miles and a while back surpassed 250, 000mi. I traded it Tuesday after waiting for my Fiesta to be built to my specs.

At trade it had offically 258, 152mi. NEVER once did it let me sitting, other than a dead battery. No engine work! No transmission work other than fluid change. Original clutch!
My single most expensive repair bill was to replace the intake manifold after a the manifold runner was stuck open.

Here is some pics. I hope everyone here who has a Compass can make it to the quarter-million milestone.

cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-10-2014, 12:41 AM   #2
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Congrats man, where one dies and another is born.

I bought a brand new 2014 Compass a couple days ago!
- 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rocky Mountian Edition - gone
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 08:51 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

cuemark8 that is some very impressive mileage and I'm glad that it was nearly all trouble free. Thanks for being part of the group!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #4
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Here is the proof!

I reliously maintain my vehicles. I have no doubt that Compass will go 300k or 400kmi.
As you see the paint was in good shape. Granted it's showing some cancer from road salt in a few places.
The interior was like new.

Here is three pics taken in my driveway right before I headed to dealer to trade it in.
20140108_095906.jpg

20140108_095944.jpg

20140108_100054.jpg

Unread 01-16-2014, 12:21 PM   #5
Redpine
2014 MK Patriot 

NEVER judge others!! LOL.....what a wonderful post from cuemark8. I fully expected this to be a Compass bash fest. What an excellent hook.......I was all ready to dig up some dirt on Ford in retaliation!!!!!

THEN, I read your post. What a wonderful tribute to your Compass.

Thanks for making my day. I wish you a wonderful experience with your Ford Fiesta.
Redpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-26-2014, 07:30 PM   #6
srq2002
2010 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuemark8
After six and a half years, I have parted ways with my Jeep Compass.

I've posted here over the years. It was a 2007 Jeep Compass Limited. FWD 5-speed manual.
I had said before, I was trading it. I am leaving the Jeep brand and purchased a new 2014 Ford Fiesta hatchback. I didn't need a big vehicle and wanted fuel milelage.

I drive a crazy amount of miles and a while back surpassed 250, 000mi. I traded it Tuesday after waiting for my Fiesta to be built to my specs.

At trade it had offically 258, 152mi. NEVER once did it let me sitting, other than a dead battery. No engine work! No transmission work other than fluid change. Original clutch!
My single most expensive repair bill was to replace the intake manifold after a the manifold runner was stuck open.

Here is some pics. I hope everyone here who has a Compass can make it to the quarter-million milestone.
Very, very nice, and lovely encouragement to those who prize our Compasses. Thank you, and best wishes for your new wheels!
srq2002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-03-2014, 05:49 PM   #7
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

Don't get me wrong. The vehicle was great. I had my fixes to do but nothing that left me broke down and stranded somewhere.
I had the notorious ball joint and lower control arm problems. I replaced both fronts twice. It did seem once Chrysler got another supplier for their parts the problems were greatly reduced.
I had probably replaced both left and right side ball joints and control arms twice by the time it had about 120 000mi on it. Then never again after that.
I had the intake manifold replaced. I replaced the throttle body twice myself. The thottle position sensor goes haywire. I'm pretty certain the same issue needed adressed when I traded it. It's a common problem on all vehicles.
Rest was routine. A wheel bearing here and there. Brakes and rotors and tires. Never a fuel pump, water pump or themostat, or power steering pump, or an 02 sensor.
I believe the Catalytic converter was going bad or was bad when I traded it. I would get a trouble code intermittently for catalyst bank below minimum threshold. I would clear it and after a week or so it would come back.
I had a personal milestone of 250, 000mi. Just days after that I decided to trade it and waited for my new vehicle to be built to specs.
I changed the oil every 6, 000mi usually Penzoil platinum or Penzoil High Mileage or Mobil 1. I never needed to add oil between oil changes.
I had replace some module. I lost all functions on the steering column. Turn signals. Wipers. Everything on the stalks. I forget what it was but was surprisingly reasonable at about $35 for the part. Dealer fixed it and labor was only an hour or so.

Thank you all for the positive comments even though now I switched vehicle makes.
I will contine to check in with this forum. Given all the miles I drove, I may be able share some insite to others.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.