Extended warranty and rental cars - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Extended warranty and rental cars

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Advance Adapters SYE Kits

Unread 07-30-2013, 05:18 AM   #1
dragon672
2014 MK Compass 

Extended warranty and rental cars

Ok so this might be a strange question. Hopefully in a next couple of weeks I will be purchasing a 2014 or 2013 Compass FD1. I do plan on purchasing an extended warranty mostly because my current car really needed it-Lemon.

Anyway I have heard that you can purchase a "Lifetime" Warranty for Jeep and I kind of want to be prepared before I go to the dealer. I would also like to know if they offer some type of rental car coverage in the warranty. I was stuck a few times while the lemon was being repaired with no car...not good.

Thanks and getting excited for purchasing a new Compass.

dragon672 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:43 AM   #2
jacko15
2014 WK 

Here is a link to a Chrysler dealer that sells the Chrysler extended warranty online. http://www.chryslerfactoryplans.com/ When I bought my new Grand Cherokee my dealer matched his price. If he wouldn't have, I would have purchased it online. If you get one make sure it's a Chrysler warranty, not a third party.
Here is a copy of the warranty (there are provisions in the Lifetime MaxCare for a rental from day one) Read all the fine print, it's really a service contract, and doesn't cover everything, but it covers most major components. And enjoy your new Compass. We've had ours for almost six years, and love it!
File Type: pdf MaxCare.pdf (103.3 KB, 188 views)
jacko15 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 06:23 PM   #3
dragon672
2014 MK Compass 

Thanks jacko. I'll be reading it and highlighting the really important parts. I plan on taking this with me to make sure I get the right contract.
dragon672 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 07:20 PM   #4
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I have the Lifetime Maxcare. Havent had to use it yet but I skimmed the list of 5,007 covered parts, and everything serious I ever broke on other cars is covered.

Other nice things, I believe it is returnable on a pro-rate basis up to 7 years/100,000 miles. So if you sell the car after 3 years, or wreck it, you can get some of the warranty cost back. I also think it is transferrable 1 time with a sale. Good selling point.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-30-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

Being transferable is a state by state thing I believe. Depends on your state's laws concerning warranties.
Unread 12-23-2013, 10:04 AM   #6
STDog
2014 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Here is a copy of the warranty (there are provisions in the Lifetime MaxCare for a rental from day one) Read all the fine print, it's really a service contract, and doesn't cover everything, but it covers most major components.
Wondering what isn't covered as the list of what is is lengthy while the list of excluded items is sparse. Most is routine wear suff like brakes/tires/oil/bulbs.

I'm more concerned with the small gotcha type items. Like temperature control parts for the heat/AC, or radio/sound system parts.
The lists I see certainly imply coverage, but past experience warns me that I'm missing something.

Anyone got specific examples of items not covered by the MaxCare plan?
STDog is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 12-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #7
jacko15
2014 WK 

It's my understanding that if it's not excluded, it's covered.
Unread 12-23-2013, 08:28 PM   #8
Katmandu
2013 JK Wrangler 

Marketing scam that is a total waste of money IMHO.

Why pay for stuff that's covered under the factory warranty for the first few years ?
Katmandu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 08:04 AM   #9
march
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacko15 View Post
Here is a copy of the warranty (there are provisions in the Lifetime MaxCare for a rental from day one) Read all the fine print, it's really a service contract, and doesn't cover everything, but it covers most major components. And enjoy your new Compass. We've had ours for almost six years, and love it!
The link that's provided above is for vehicles that came with the "Lifetime Powertrain Warranty". Does anyone have a copy of the Lifetime Service Contract for vehicles that came with a "5 year/100k powertrain warranty"?
march is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 08:44 AM   #10
jacko15
2014 WK 

It's the same contract. Here is one link: http://www.chryslerwarrantys.com/maximum_care.cfm
You can google and find pretty much the same info at everyone's site who sells the contract.
Unread 03-08-2014, 08:50 AM   #11
march
2011 MK Patriot 

I'm not so sure since the title of the Service Contract states:

" LIFETIME MAXIMUM CARE
FOR LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY OWNERS"
march is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-08-2014, 09:59 AM   #12
jacko15
2014 WK 

If you're not sure, call Chrysler. There are numbers on the websites, and on the contract.

edit: I just dug out my actual contract, and in the "eligible vehicles" section it states, "Chrysler Group vehicles covered by an active 5/100 Powertrain Warranty are eligible within 48 months of in-service date and 48,000 miles."
Unread 03-10-2014, 09:12 AM   #13
JeepCares

Quote:
Originally Posted by march View Post
I'm not so sure since the title of the Service Contract states:

"LIFETIME MAXIMUM CARE
FOR LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY OWNERS"
This particular service contract was for those people that had a LIFETIME POWERTRAIN WARRANTY when they purchased the vehicle.

There also is a Lifetime Maximum Care plan for those vehicles that come with the 5 year/100,000 mile powertrain coverage.
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.