EVAP Canister - JeepForum.com
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Compass & Patriot Forum > EVAP Canister

6th annual beat your wife to the credit cards sale!!Bestop Sailcloth Replace-A-Top - Promo Code Morris30Bestop Replace-A-Top - Promo Code MORRIS20

Unread 11-15-2015, 11:50 AM   #1
EVAP Canister / Charcoal Filter

A few weeks ago I began having trouble filling the gas tank in my 08' Patriot. At first I thought maybe it was the pump/station but have tried several now and the problem persists. No codes are being thrown.

Based on some reading I pulled the EVAP canister off last weekend and checked the lines for blocks to no avail. Is there any way to test the canister itself? I hate to spend $120 to swap it out with no idea if this is the direct cause of the problem. I ordered an endoscope camera off ebay to try and stick down the filler neck and see if anything looks off but it's coming from China so it will be a few weeks. Any other suggestions are welcome.

Also, looking for any guides/info on dropping the fuel tank in case I end up going down that route.

cruz878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-29-2015, 07:49 PM   #2
I swung by Advance Auto while I was over that way this morning and asked the guy at the counter about testing the existing filter but he didn't know of any way either. $117.93 after tax for a new one. I could of gotten it cheaper online but if it still won't take gas after I replace it I'll pull it and try to return.

I'll report back once I get it changed out and try to fill up again.
cruz878 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.

Email Address:

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.