ESP traction control - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > ESP traction control

Advance Adapters SYE KitsRIGID LED Light Blowout Sale - All Sizes, All Series, all Rubicon express discounts from oconee off-road

Unread 02-02-2008, 09:54 AM   #16
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt
I am having ESP problems when I take off...it will kick on and it make you feel like your car is going to die, then you get a jump of acceleration. Went to the dealer, they checked the software and that was all. Before I leave sometimes I will turn the esp off by holding the button until is says esp off and it is fine.
I would print out the TSBs and take them in to the dealer. Have you had good luck with dealer on other issues? If you don't get any satisfaction I would try another dealer. Easy for me to say, I have about 6 dealers in my area that all compete for customer satisfaction and they're all good!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:04 AM   #17
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
I would print out the TSBs and take them in to the dealer. Have you had good luck with dealer on other issues? If you don't get any satisfaction I would try another dealer. Easy for me to say, I have about 6 dealers in my area that all compete for customer satisfaction and they're all good!

Good luck at a dealer..HAHAHAHAHHA
The dealer I bought the car from just plain tries to screw people. Here is a news article about them, they tried to do this to me also bought I was on top of things. http://www.newswatch50.com/news/loca...d-7871cfd71e57

I just moved an 75 miles north and the jeep dealers around here in a 45 min radius are owned by the same people. The one in town doesn't listen to me, and the one 45 mins away says to go where you purchased the car.
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:26 AM   #18
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by nettolt
The dealer I bought the car from just plain tries to screw people. Here is a news article about them, they tried to do this to me also bought I was on top of things. http://www.newswatch50.com/news/loca...d-7871cfd71e57
i can relate....we had a very similar instance of a Chevy dealer in Indy, who also had a Mopar dealership in nearby Anderson, who was taking peoples trades and not paying them off. after a number of complaints from customers who were still being billed for monthly payments on their trade-ins, the AG office in Indiana shut them down and they closed their doors. this was a year or so ago and they have yet to reopen those dealerships.

fortunately for me, i work at a VERY reputable dealer who has been in business since 1933, selling Chryslers, Plymouths, Desotos, Jeeps, Eagles and just recently, Dodges too. i really feel for those of you who don't have someone that, in your mind, is creditable. it's dealers like the ones 'nettolt' mentioned that really make OUR jobs so much more difficult.

public mis-trust in dealers is increasing every day, and for good reason. like i mentioned earlier, maybe we should have a listing of 'Good Dealer/Bad Dealer' or at least a 'Good Dealership Experience/Bad Dealership Experience' thread.
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:28 AM   #19
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It's stuff like that that REALLY gives Chrysler a bad name! As long as bad dealers hold their contracts good one can't come in. Maybe it's time that Chrysler started pulling some of those contracts! Maybe you should contact Corporate about it so that they can ORDER the dealer to take care of it.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 10:43 AM   #20
Jeepster55

i think Chrysler AND GM had alot to say in the situation i mentioned. like you said, dealers like this give the manufacturers a bad name, regardless of whether it's Chrysler, GM, Ford or even one of the imports, even though they seem to be more 'bullet-proof' than the domestics.
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-02-2008, 11:35 AM   #21
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
It's stuff like that that REALLY gives Chrysler a bad name! As long as bad dealers hold their contracts good one can't come in. Maybe it's time that Chrysler started pulling some of those contracts! Maybe you should contact Corporate about it so that they can ORDER the dealer to take care of it.

Been there done that....I contacted corporate about the "full" size spare tire and they called the dealer and told them to order a real full spare and that they would pay for it...so i called the dealer so see when it would be in and they said they are not going to do it. When i asked why, you are not paying for it Jeep is? They said we will sell on to you at cost.....Since then I have given up for now, someday soon I'll just write to corporate about all my little problems with this ****ty dealer.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.