Engine Stumble on Acceleration TSB 18-031-07 - Page 6 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Engine Stumble on Acceleration TSB 18-031-07

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-11-2008, 03:46 AM   #76
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by davep View Post
The TSB says the dealer is required by law to add a sticker with the indicated service next to the VECI label. If your build date is before April 21, 2007 and you don't have the sticker, it can be assumed you don't have this TSB.

My build date is on the inside of the driver's door, and my VECI label is on the inside lip of the hood... I'm assuming they stick 'em in the same spots on all compasses.

- Dave
if the sticker can't be found anywhere, any dealer can check Chrysler's DealerConnect with the VIN to see if that has already been done. just a phone call to check FIRST and if it's NOT been done, then make an appointment to 'git er dun'...........

Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-15-2008, 09:49 PM   #77
davep
2007 MK Compass 

I just wanted to follow up; I had asked if this TSB fixed the coasting stumble that I was experiencing. Most of the information about this reprogram was related to only throttle response, not coasting.

I'm happy to report that my coasting stumble has been all but eliminated with this reprogram. On my drive home tonight I wasn't really paying attention to it, just to see if I'd notice it like I have noticed it every night... and I didn't. I just drove around the block a few times, trying to reproduce the problem, and I really can't.

Throttle response is MUCH better now, I'm no longer nervous about pulling into traffic from a stop... It is going from one extreme to the other though, I'll have to re-learn things a bit - I'm giving it way too much gas now; and boy... it really can push ya into your seat!

This might've been touched on in another thread, but the CVT2 seems to "emulate" a standard auto gear shift between 20-25mph .. This was barely noticable before this TSB reprogram, but it's much more apparent now. Not nearly as much of a problem as the coasting stumble, but it sure seems like the whole purpose of the CVT2 was to ditch the idea of shift points. Anyhoo.. If you have an older build CVT, you must get this reprogram - if anything for being able to safely pull into traffic! ... but be prepared to force yourself to drive with a light foot, this change makes you want to race around!
davep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 10:30 AM   #78
ancona46
2008 MK Compass 

it shows it effects 2007 models i have a 08 would the flash improve my compass at all?
ancona46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-22-2008, 10:40 AM   #79
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The '08's should have the latest programming but it may be worth having the dealer check it if your having a problem.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:32 AM   #80
k2qo

Gang,

Does this issue rear its ugly head with 08 models? I am on the verge of rolling into the dealership with a wheelbarrow of cash for an 08 Pat/FD1 and I'd be damn mad if I bought a new ride KNOWING this would likely be a problem.

Best regards,
Mark
Clarence, NY
k2qo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 05:53 AM   #81
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

No, no, no! This was an early programming change on those built on or before 4/07, just look for the build date on the Drivers Door Jam. Anything after that has the new programming.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-23-2008, 11:07 AM   #82
k2qo

Thanks Gramps,

I was hoping the answer was simple. I'm going to do a long test drive this afternoon.

Mark
k2qo is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.