Engine Stumble on Acceleration TSB 18-031-07 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Engine Stumble on Acceleration TSB 18-031-07

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 08-16-2007, 08:14 PM   #16
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
OK, THAT's on my "list of things to do" Thx!

I bought a cheapie stop watch off of eBay and have done a few trials to get a baseline. Pretty consistent at 0 - 60 in 12 seconds flat. I was doing that so when I got around to the K&N I had something to go by. I think I'll get this done first and maybe establish a new baseline.

Squealing the tires with a CVT, I can only do that on corners.

Has anybody else had this TSB performed?
Same here. Squealing tires seems to be a thing of the past. I can SOMETIMES get it to do it, but mine is also FWD only though. Caliber guys do good after some sort of performance oriented TSB, haven't got time to do it to mine yet. Kind of hard when its my only DD in this town. Maybe I can get the local dealer back home to do it one Saturday morning.

Unread 08-16-2007, 08:19 PM   #17
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
OK, THAT's on my "list of things to do" Thx!
So far I'm very happy with the change, and more pleased than ever with my Compass. Good luck with it, I hope you're as pleased as I am. I might add though that I have a FWD so squealing tires is easier than with the 4x4.

Last edited by unibus; 08-16-2007 at 08:30 PM..
unibus is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-17-2007, 03:58 AM   #18
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Not that I want to squeal my tires all of the time, I just want the capability. I've thought, since day one, with all of the ESP traction controls, etc. that the computers and AWD just ain't gonna let tire spin happen. You've given me hope!

Just the same as buying a Jeep that has an off-road image, it doesn't mean that you ever will. That's where marketing has really let down the Compass and given it an image of a pavement pounder with bobble heads and a mall surfer. Who wants to buy a Jeep that doesn't have a off-road image, not those that are trying to impress their friends that's for sure.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-24-2007, 10:16 AM   #19
Jason31

Bump, I'm getting this TSB performed either today or next Saturday. Anyone else had it done yet?
Unread 08-24-2007, 05:27 PM   #20
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

I just about got ran over yesterday due to a "stumble" I pulled out and IT WOULD NOT GO!!! It just about got me ran over, the flash has gotta be done NOW in my book.
Unread 08-24-2007, 08:13 PM   #21
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

I have not had even a hint of a stumble since I had mine done.
Unread 08-26-2007, 07:11 PM   #22
snood
2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Not that I want to squeal my tires all of the time, I just want the capability. I've thought, since day one, with all of the ESP traction controls, etc. that the computers and AWD just ain't gonna let tire spin happen. You've given me hope!

Just the same as buying a Jeep that has an off-road image, it doesn't mean that you ever will. That's where marketing has really let down the Compass and given it an image of a pavement pounder with bobble heads and a mall surfer. Who wants to buy a Jeep that doesn't have a off-road image, not those that are trying to impress their friends that's for sure.

I chirped the front tires the night i install my air intake
Unread 08-26-2007, 10:48 PM   #23
wolfclaw41

My compass does the same thing. I had it in to the dealer and they told me it needed a tune up. they said that it needed new spark plugs, they said that the plugs had carbon build up. I changed them myself in 15 minutes, and there was no carbon build up. I will be taking it back to the shop. I will ask about the TSB.
wolfclaw41 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08-27-2007, 03:41 AM   #24
merlinTec

Hi
There are 3 TSB for driver improvements. 18-031-07 also 18-033-06 on different build dates. 18-020-06 for spark knock (pinking) but think the customer that complained of this was in the other post or is this what you have hense carbon build up? needed new plugs?
Do make sure they check the TCM software level not just flash the PCM.
Regard,
Merlin
Unread 08-27-2007, 04:45 AM   #25
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here is a very good list of TSB’s posted by ResumeSpeed in the Caliber Forums:

http://www.caliberforums.com/forums/...light=bulletin

These may be of particular interest regarding engine performance:

SUBJECT:
Flash: Warm Weather Spark Knock and/or DTC P2173 **and/or P0452**

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...r_1802006a.pdf

SUBJECT:
Generic PCM (GPEC) or TCM (CVT Controller) Replacement Requirements

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...r_1800607a.pdf

SUBJECT:
Flash: Launch Performance / Driveability Enhancements

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...er_1803107.pdf

SUBJECT:
Fuel Economy/Performance Operation Feature

http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...r_1400406a.pdf

Unread 08-31-2007, 03:11 PM   #26
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Good news! I had the TSB done this morning and it works! 0 – 60 time went from 12.00 down to 11.40. Normal driving the gears changes are just as smooth but using the AutoStick and letting it go, the shifts are much more crisp. It has also changed the shift point in AutoStick mode from 6000 down to 5900. Don’t know why but it’s a winner.

I took in the printout of the TSB, told them that never having had a CVT before how would I know if it was right or wrong? If this can improve the 0 - 20 then I want it done and that when I was in Tucson last summer and it was 107 degrees, I thought that it was pinging. Absolutely no hassle from them at all.

They should do this TSB before letting people take them on test drives. I think that it would maybe change some people’s opinions about the CVT. Not that I really considered mine "bad", but this is much better.

CAUTION NOTE TO CoriolisSTORM! DO NOT USE AUTOSTIK! YOUR MILEAGE WILL DROP, YOU MAY GET MORE SPEEDING TICKETS AND IT’S HARD TO LOOK SERIOUS WHEN TALKING TO COPS WHEN YOU’VE GOT A HUGE SMILE ON YOUR FACE!

Unread 08-31-2007, 04:28 PM   #27
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
CAUTION NOTE TO CoriolisSTORM! DO NOT USE AUTOSTIK! YOUR MILEAGE WILL DROP, YOU MAY GET MORE SPEEDING TICKETS AND IT’S HARD TO LOOK SERIOUS WHEN TALKING TO COPS WHEN YOU’VE GOT A HUGE SMILE ON YOUR FACE!
Mileage? Who cares! Speeding tickets are another matter, can't afford them! Thanks for the great update! Haha, my friend with his Jetta TDI thinks my Cali is much faster, but looking at your 0-60, apparently not. His is 13.0 from 0-60. A huge smile huh? Gotta be better than my Wrangler's 0-60 still! Thanks for the info once again!
Unread 08-31-2007, 05:31 PM   #28
unibus
2007 MK Compass 

Gramps,

Glad to hear that your pleased with the update. After averaging 3 tanks of gas since having the TSB put in I'm seeing a increase of 1.5 mpg.
Unread 08-31-2007, 07:13 PM   #29
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by unibus
Gramps,

Glad to hear that your pleased with the update. After averaging 3 tanks of gas since having the TSB put in I'm seeing a increase of 1.5 mpg.
Thanks for the info unibus! It may take me 3 tankfuls to keep my foot out of it

Doing the TSB, checking out the Steering Wheel Audio problem and washing my Jeep only took about an hour. I pulled up at 7:30 and I was driving off at 8:45.

Unread 09-01-2007, 09:47 AM   #30
Jason31

Yep, had TSB 18-031-07 performed this morning. Definetly makes the Compass drive the way it should. No more CVT hunting at 5 mph, no more "upshifting" trying to get 30MPG while accelerating. Definetly stays in a higher gear longer from a stop which enhances acceleration.

Overall, completely changes the way mine drives. Excellent TSB!

Last edited by Jason31; 09-05-2007 at 06:28 PM..
Jason31 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.