Engine Restart? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Engine Restart?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 06-14-2013, 06:23 AM   #1
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

Engine Restart?

Have any if you experienced what appears to be the vehicle restarted itself while I sat at a red light. It pulled itself out of gear 4
Radio went off... Lights came in as if I put the key in the ignition turned the key and started it again.

Unread 06-14-2013, 08:33 AM   #2
JeepCares

No experience, but I'm curious. Still under warranty? Any codes?
JeepCares is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 11:14 AM   #3
cuemark8
2007 MK Compass 

What do you mean it restated? Is it a manual?
If so, yes I have had some strange similar experiences
In all my driving a few times it has happened to me. I literally stalled the engine pulling out from a stop, or oh so close to stalling. A few times I would catch it and push the clutch in. The dash lights came on the chech emgine light was on, as if it was stalled, but I caught myself and kept the engine running.
Sounds like you had a similar thing. No issues no ill effects. I stopped turned the key off and restarted the vehicle all was fine again.

Seems like a quirk in the computer system when you drop to an very low rpm all almost stall out the engine.
Also I don't know if you noticed. But I did before. The dash lights when on the gauges where all at zero, tach, speedo, gas gauge, yet the engine stayes running.
cuemark8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-14-2013, 05:27 PM   #4
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

I'm VERY much under warranty, lol. I bought it with an additional 60k bumper-to-bumper. It did it again today except this time it seemed to be stuck in 3rd gear. So, I took my patty in... I've always celebrated how carefree my life has been since I owned Jeeps. But I won't lie, I'm a little concerned after owning a patty for 3 weeks and basically having no choice but to turn it in.
Unread 06-15-2013, 03:28 AM   #5
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

you bought yours used correct? I wonder if you can get any kind of service history on it? see how the previous owners treated. it.
aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-15-2013, 04:43 AM   #6
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

I have the history on it. It was brought in for every oil change and the only service performed on it was a rear wheel bearing. From the sounds of it. These wheel bearing issues are common.
Unread 06-20-2013, 06:14 AM   #7
AJeepZJ
2006 WK 

So, I made my first payment on my Mk, lol, and it is in the shop, lol. I'm not one of those disgruntled types though. The Jeep will be in the shop for 1 week if I don't get it today. apparently the TCM needed to be replaced.
Unread 06-20-2013, 09:43 AM   #8
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Comforting
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.