Engine Oil Dip Stick - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Engine Oil Dip Stick

FS: Wrangler RGB Multicolor Fog Light LEDs: Awesome EffectJKS Now Available at www.baseline4x4.com, Trackbars, SkidsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 03-31-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
deepnite10

Engine Oil Dip Stick

Today i had a heck of a time trying to find the hole to
reinser the dip stick..Had to remove the engine cover
and use a flashlight to finally find the hole..

deepnite10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 03:33 PM   #2
howdy246
2008 MK Compass 

yep..i usually have to use a flashlight too. I guess thats why they made the rear dome light a removable flashlight
howdy246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-01-2010, 08:35 PM   #3
deepnite10

all the engineers had to do was make the tube an inch longer..
1" must have saved them alot of money..
Unread 04-03-2010, 08:36 PM   #4
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Not to insult anyone, but... Except in low light conditions, I don't have any problems finding the dip stick tube. Don't even have to remove the dust cover. Sorry if you guys have such difficulties How many others out there have this problem and how many none at all? Hmm, human interest story? Probably not. Anyway, every model has engineering quirks that drive people to drink so just chalk it up to learning to live with a slight annoyance and just enjoy your MK!

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 06:11 AM   #5
wesleyd
2009 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepnite10 View Post
Today i had a heck of a time trying to find the hole to
reinser the dip stick..Had to remove the engine cover
and use a flashlight to finally find the hole..
No need to check oil they check it when its changed!! Just kidding, sometimes it can be a pain but other than just accepting it there is nothing to do.
wesleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-04-2010, 08:26 AM   #6
deepnite10

i have a 08 and only have 15K on it..so i don t change the oil that often..as a result i check the oil every month along with the tire preasure..

i thought id post this cuz i thought perhaps the upper portion of the hole had
broken off..

and though i have the lifetime drive train warranty..i ll never get to 36k at the end of 3 yrs..
Unread 04-12-2010, 07:30 AM   #7
XJCrazyMA
1999 XJ Cherokee 

Dont feel bad the whole is real hard to see!! I had to pull out a flashlight and look in there the first time. It still takes me a few pokes to get it back in there..haha
3" inch Skyjacker coils and AAL , JKS adj. trac bar, JKS quicker discos, JKS Boomerang shackles, JKS LCAs and UCAs, SYE/CV shaft, JKS Super Nerfs, Aussie locker up front, Crager 397's wrapped in 31x10.50 BF Goodrich A/T's, CSF HD 3-row radiator.
XJCrazyMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04-13-2010, 05:53 AM   #8
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

fortuneer, I have to agree with everyone else that getting that dip stick back into place does often require me to use a flashlight to see what I'm doing. Never really thought of it as a problem, though - that's why I carry a flashlight after all, to see things.

Tags
compass , dip stick , engine , oil , patriot

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.