Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

Engine Block Heater... Where is the plug?

21K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  Gramps 
#1 ·
My jeep patriot came with an engine block heater. I've never really looked to see where I plug it in. Any one know?

Thanks!

#2 ·
The cartridge type block heater is mounted in a bore at the rear of the block (drivers side) under the coolant adapter. The block heater does not directly contact coolant. It heats the aluminum block.
The heater is powered by 110 Volt AC through a power cord and connector. You may have to remove the engine cover (I don't think so) and the Air Cleaner Inlet/Battery Cover and there should be a 110v plug somewhere around there.

Why do you need an engine block heater in AZ? :laugh: Are you in Flagstaff or the White Mountains? :thumbsup:

Attachments

#3 ·
Found it, thanks. It ended up being on top of the front driver side wheel well.

I was in AZ where I bought the jeep, but now I'm back in upstate NY and its getting cold. I still don't know why I transfered away from the sunshine, right into a NY winter.

The jeep was a custom order that someone canceled on. For some reason they wanted a engine block heater, FDII, and no power locks or doors.

#4 ·
Sounds like a nice rig that will do you well up there. I left AZ the summer it hit 117 in Tucson but my bones are older now and get cold easily. I'm thinking about becoming a snowbird.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.