Electric gremlins - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Electric gremlins

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitFlowmaster's Force II Axle-back exhaust system for the 201FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 07-05-2012, 07:49 AM   #1
bhuamthugad
2007 MK Compass 

Electric gremlins

Good morning all,
New to the forum, so please pardon if I step on any toes.

I have a 2007 Compass, had it since it came off the lot brand new. It's been great, with few minor problems to far. However this morning, after I started it up, I noticed that none of my speakers worked. Upon further exploration, I found that my electric mirror adjust was also inoperative. I drove it to work anyway, but found when I shut it down, that my headlights would not shut off. I let it sit and time-out, and then restarted it. I was able to turn the headlights off, but all my other problems were still there. Upon leaving the car to get tools, I went to lock it by remote, and it wouldn't lock with the key fob.

So, I disconnected the battery. I let it sit for two hours like that, re-connected the battery, and the problems persisted. I didn't try to operate the headlights this time, but when I opened the driver's side door, I got the warning tone that I had either left my lights on or keys in the ignition, and both were inaccurate. After it timed-out, that went away, but still no sound out of the speakers or mirror adjust.

Ideas? Any help is most appreciated!
Thanks in advance!

bhuamthugad is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.