"Dual Exhaust" for Compass 4X4 - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > "Dual Exhaust" for Compass 4X4

CCOR is your 1 stop source for everything Jeep!TJ 5.25" Speaker Adapters - NalinMFGSteinjager TJ tube doors

Unread 12-13-2007, 07:30 PM   #16
Jeepster55

Well, good old Mopar strikes again.....

.....so i get to work this AM all excited to see the 'Dual Exhaust' accessory kit i ordered yesterday. now remember that all the other depots showed them on back-order other than the Chicago PDC. anyway, when i go to check out the kit, i find a STANDARD EXHAUST for a Compass with the accessory part number on it.

after a fax and a phone call, i now have the QC Dept in Chicago checking the remaining stock to see if they have the correct part and then i'll go from there.

SORRY.........guess the exhaust may have to wait until after CHRISTMAS!!!!

Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-17-2007, 04:31 PM   #17
Jeepster55

Mopar Accessory Book Misprint!!!

ok, NOW i have the facts on the Mopar Accessory "Dual" Exhaust for Compass.

after speaking to Mopar Specifying AND the Chicago PDC QC Dept today, we (Specfying, QC and I) have come to the conclusion that the Accessory Book has a misprint. the exhaust is NOT "Dual" as stated. not even a 'dual tip', but simply a 'cat-back' unit with a larger outlet and chrome tip. this is why it states 'same as used on the Caliber SRT. i was wondering why this would be 'dual' when all the pics of the SRT showed a single chrome tip....now i know. AND YOU DO TOO!

so, don't order this accessory UNLESS you just want a larger outlet and chrome tip.

oh well, guess i'll go back to Plan A and get the receiver hitch.......
Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.