"Dual Exhaust" for Compass 4X4 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > "Dual Exhaust" for Compass 4X4

The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!Ruffstuff 3 Link Kit!The Ruffstuff Optima Battery Box!

Unread 12-07-2007, 04:14 PM   #1
Jeepster55

"Dual Exhaust" for Compass 4X4

Q: has anyone purchased the Mopar Accessory Stainless Dual-Outlet Exhaust kit for the Compass 4X4? just curious to see if anyone has installed this on a Sport or Limited model rather than the "Rallye" model for which it was intended.

the description reads "for Compass 4X4 Rallye" models only due to rear fascia clearance on the Sport and Limited models. apparently this kit is the same exhaust used on the Caliber R/T. i'm sure the rear fascia can be 'modified' to accept this system, ya think?

just looking for any feedback......

Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-07-2007, 07:57 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

The rear fascia is easy to cut with a plastic blade in your jig saw. If you plan on installing a receiver there could be an interference problem. Worse case scenario is to buy the Rallye rear fascia.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-08-2007, 05:50 AM   #3
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
The rear fascia is easy to cut with a plastic blade in your jig saw. If you plan on installing a receiver there could be an interference problem. Worse case scenario is to buy the Rallye rear fascia.

yea....don't know if i can 'have my cake and eat it too'. i think i would really like the look of 'duals' but i'm also thinking of adding a receiver too. in my old age, practicality will more than likely prevail......
Unread 12-09-2007, 09:43 AM   #4
94YJ&07Compass

I've also been looking at purchasing this kit. My problem has been finding an actual picture of what the kit looks like. There is one going on ebay right now but it has a generic picture out of the mopar parts book of the chrome tip exhaust for the sport, and not the limited dual exhaust as advertised. I would love this exhaust if it was a truly dual exhaust with one tip on the left and one on the right. But i have a feeling (based on the price, and a hunch) that it's just a dual tip coming out the right side. Also from the Rallye rear fascia that i've seen there is only one passenger side cut out, not two.
I just found out that Borla has put out a brand new SS Cat back kit for the limited 4X4. I'm leaning now more towards this kit. I have Borla headers and a catback system on my YJ and i love it. I'm willing to be the guinea pig for either one (when i get my MK back).
94YJ&07Compass is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 01:35 PM   #5
Jeepster55

the more i read and research, the more i'm confused.

i 'believed' the Mopar Accessory listing said it was the same as used on the Caliber R/T, but after looking at Caliber R/T's, they only have a single outlet, as do the pics i've seen of the Caliber SRT-4's. i'll do some more research on this and get back to you. i may even order the kit at work and see just what is in it and how it's set up.
Unread 12-09-2007, 03:09 PM   #6
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

http://www.leeparts.com/dodge_calibe...st_system.html compare to http://www.leeparts.com/jeep_compass...st_system.html

http://www.borla.com/applications/lo...System/140212/
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-09-2007, 03:16 PM   #7
Coasty161
2008 JK Wrangler 

a quick comparison of the exhuast from leeparts does seem like the caliber exhaust would bolt right up.
Coasty161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 08:06 AM   #8
Matthew1785

my rallye compass doesnt have a 2nd cutout for duel exhaust? i wonder if i got it installed at the dealership would they cut the 2nd hole, i wouldnt feel comfortable doing it myself, i'd probably ruin the bumper
Matthew1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:52 PM   #9
Jeepster55

Fyi

Compass 4X4 2007 Stainless Exhaust System....

"Compass and Caliber Dual Exhaust System. Same as SRT system. Only fits with Rally body kit due to fascia clearance. 4X4 models only."

part number......82210291

install time......0.6

Suggested Retail Price....$295.00 (dealer COST is $225.00, but you didn't hear it here!!! )

(this is a quote from the 2007 Mopar Accessories Catalog. sorry, no pic)

availability? 4 in the Chicago PDC and 13 on BACK-ORDER ELSEWHERE!!! (so if you want one, you had better get one soon and unless you're in the Chicago region, you may have to have it "special handled"!!!)
Unread 12-10-2007, 06:56 PM   #10
Jeepster55

.....but the thing i find odd is the part "same as the SRT system". HUH? the pics i've seen of the Caliber SRT-4 only shows ONE outlet. but i DO believe this is a 'dual' exhaust with off each end of the muffler as the pic in another post showed. i hope.....
Unread 12-10-2007, 07:57 PM   #11
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 51 Jeepster
.....but the thing i find odd is the part "same as the SRT system". HUH? the pics i've seen of the Caliber SRT-4 only shows ONE outlet. but i DO believe this is a 'dual' exhaust with off each end of the muffler as the pic in another post showed. i hope.....
Do you guys have to do cutting on the bumper like we R/T guys do for the dual one? Oddly enough the SXT and SE guys do not I've heard...
Unread 12-11-2007, 09:17 AM   #12
Matthew1785

can someone step in and give some clarification on this, i would love to get the dual exhaust, however my rear bumper for the rallye edition does not have a 2nd cutout nor does the 4x4 rallye edition either
Matthew1785 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 11:15 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matthew1785
can someone step in and give some clarification on this, i would love to get the dual exhaust, however my rear bumper for the rallye edition does not have a 2nd cutout nor does the 4x4 rallye edition either
Looks like you would be in the Chicago PDC area, maybe you could order one in and take some pictures for us.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12-11-2007, 05:23 PM   #14
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Looks like you would be in the Chicago PDC area, maybe you could order one in and take some pictures for us.

.......I am, so consider it DONE! (as long as i can remember how to resize the pics!!! )

then if someone wants it (providing i DON'T!), i'll sell it at my employee price.
Unread 12-12-2007, 04:43 PM   #15
Jeepster55

Mopar accessory kit is ordered and ON THE WAY! will be in tonight. tomorrow i'll take pics and post them when i get home. we'll see if what we get what we want!!!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.