driver side fog light condensation - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > driver side fog light condensation

Savvy Billet LED Tail LightsWant to be able to SEE? DOT Approved Headlights for under We have FLASHLIGHTS! Great for your Emergency bag!

Unread 10-05-2011, 05:10 PM   #1
Kappy
2008 MK Compass 

driver side fog light condensation

I noticed this week the fog light on the driver's side is getting some condensation on the inside of the lens. It only happens at the lower right side of the lens and extends maybe 40% up the inside of the lens. I have had the jeep since April and haven't seen this until now.

If I turn the fog lights on for 5 minutes or so it goes away, but comes back as soon as the temperature gets a little colder. Anyone else experiencing this?

It appears the bulb is in the socket correctly and the lens doesn't appear cracked. Does anyone know what is causing this and how to fix it? Maybe it is the seal around the bulb?

I noticed there is a little hole on the top of the inside of each fog light (I am assuming to let air in and out so condensation doesn't happen). Could that be "clogged" or something? Thanks!

Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 08:16 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Since yours seems to 'un-fog' during use it's not really a problem. Here is what Jeep has to say: http://www.wkjeeps.com/misc/Caliber/...er_2303507.pdf

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-06-2011, 11:53 AM   #3
Kappy
2008 MK Compass 

Thanks Gramps, I only noticed this after this past weekend with a lot of rain and I went through a puddle... I noticed it maybe Monday. I took the light out and put back in and it seems a snug fit. I noticed some water droplets on the inside of the bottom of the light. I think maybe the light housing seal isn't working as well. I'm going to go around the light and try to "fill in" and seal it better. Thanks for your info!
Kappy is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.