Dorman Control Arm loose? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Dorman Control Arm loose?

Labor Day Sale!FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shipp

Unread 05-25-2013, 09:29 AM   #1
cj3bandtj
1998 TJ Wrangler 

Dorman Control Arm loose?

I just received a lower left control arm to put on my 2007 jeep patriot because the ball joint went bad on the original. The new dorman control arm ball joint can be easily moved by hand. I've only had experience with new moog ball joints, but with those I could barely move them by hand. The dorman just seems really easy.

Are all dorman ball joints like this, or is this defective? Should it be as tight as the moog?

Thanks!

cj3bandtj is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-25-2013, 08:55 PM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I like my control arms like I like my women...
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2013, 12:12 AM   #3
DEF1ANT
2014 MK Compass 

If everything bolts up fine, I think it should be fine. I've installed one that was just like that on a different vehicle and had no problems.
DEF1ANT is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #4
Stuffie0912

I had Dorman installed on my 2008 Muistang GT and they are the WORST thing ever. The sterring is loose, sloppy and all over the road. Too much play in the steering.
Ruts and bumps and even the painted dotted lines will pull my car over.
Stuffie0912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06-21-2013, 11:52 AM   #5
Chriztofor
2007 MK Compass 

Dealer told me the same thing that I needed to change it because it was loose. Told them I just had it changed and leave it alone. Bought mine from autozone with a lifetime warranty. Going to get a wheel alignment and if they say the same thing I am bringing it to Autozone for a replacement.
Chriztofor is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.