Door handle noise - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Door handle noise

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineOld Man Emu WK Lift - Black Friday Special!!The Original 3/8" Ruffstuff Diff Cover!

Unread 03-27-2009, 07:38 AM   #1
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

Door handle noise

Wondering if anyone else has this problem with either a Compass or Patriot. When I am driving on the highway, especially on windy days, I get a "flapping" noise, which sounds like a strap is hanging off or out of the vehicle. Since I cannot run along side the car while it is driving , I asked my daughter and her boyfriend to drive beside me on the interstate. According to the mechanic (my daughter's boyfriend), he said the door handle was rattling. Upon inspection of the door handle when parked, it seem to have some play in it...but so does the passenger side, which doesn't seem to have the rattle. The mechanic could see no way of fixing it w/o taking the entire door handle apart...anyone else have this problem and if so, is it an easy fix?

Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2009, 10:59 AM   #2
miketmx
2008 MK Patriot 

Our Patriot had a vibration noise on rough pavement from the getgo. I finally figured out that the noise came from the driver's side push button door lock. I wrapped some black electrical tape around the button in the unlock position to cushion it and the vibration noise stopped.
miketmx is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:07 AM   #3
Elihawk
2008 MK Compass 

So tape it or live with it!
Elihawk is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:58 AM   #4
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

I noticed that noise before as well - but it was my license plate

couple new foam blocks behind it and no more noise

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2009, 10:37 AM   #5
blovingier
1999 WJ 

Is it still under warranty? Take it in and tell them you want a new one. I just did that with our spare tire cover, which was making a clunking noise that honestly sounded like a bad rear end or major suspension component of some type. I gotta go pick it up tomorrow.

[B]99 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo[/B] - [COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Totalled[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-3" lift w/Bilsteins - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -30.5" Pirelli Scorpion ATRs
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=494045"]Clear Lenses[/URL] - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5229329#post5229329"]Cobra 75 CB w/Wilson 4' Antenna[/URL]
-[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=7008250#post7008250"]Home-Brew Discos[/URL]- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -[URL="http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=734768&highlight=diamond+plate+hitch+cover"]Diamond Plate Hitch Cover[/URL]

[B]07 Compass (wife's ride)[/B][COLOR="Red"][SIZE="4"]Sold[/SIZE][/COLOR]
-Stock
blovingier is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.