differences between my 11 compass and a 14 patriot - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > differences between my 11 compass and a 14 patriot

FS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great valueEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippROCKRIDGE4WD Introduces a NEW Jeep Wrangler JK *led* tail

Unread 04-17-2014, 06:00 AM   #1
fasteddiewk
2005 WK 

differences between my 11 compass and a 14 patriot

Like the title says, is there much of a difference between the 11 compass and a 14 patriot?

There are several reasons i ask. I know they are based on the safe platform etc etc.

in my compass i struggle with 2 car seats in the back and me sitting comfortably in the front...i'm about 6'0" and i have to sit shotgun with my knees in the dash...would i have this same issue with a new patriot?

Also, what's the cargo situation like in patriots? i can fit a stroller and a gallon of washer fluid in the back of the compass, will it be similar with the patriot?

i'm sure there are more questions that i have...if they come up i will post. any and all help is greatly appreciated. thank you!

Unread 04-17-2014, 08:48 AM   #2
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

I had a 2012 patriot with 3 car seats in the back. I am 5'10". I had to adjust my seating in the Jeep to allow for the appropriate room BUT the kid sitting behind the driver's seat and the passenger seat were forward facing not rear, which makes a world of difference. The only rear facing was my youngest, and she was in the middle. I had the height adjustable seat on the driver's side, and so I lifted up the front seat so my legs would hang lower, which allowed me to sit forward an inch or so more than I normally did, which gave plenty of room back there. If you have two, one front facing one rear, I suggest moving the rear to the middle seat (its safer that way anyways). that way it doesn't interfere with the front seats as much.

as far as cargo space, they will be nearly identical unless you load to the roof. the compass has a more sloping rear hatch which cuts into cargo room a bit at the top rear, the patriot is more square, so you do not loose that space there.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.