JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   differance in interior room between compass and patriot?taller owners need help.. (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/differance-interior-room-between-compass-patriot-taller-owners-need-help-549515/)

crod 04-22-2008 06:48 PM

differance in interior room between compass and patriot?taller owners need help..

hey guys need a little help. im looking for a new ride for my everyday work vehicle. i drive about 40miles round trip. (im upgrading from a reg. cab ranger)

i also own an 08 overland grand cherokee. but thank GOD its my wifes and she doesnt drive much...lol. (gas mpg)

here is my deal. im 6'3. so basically "every" vehicle is somewhat uncomfortable for me in some way. some more than others obviously. i want to say i sat in a compass and was instantly shocked at the lack of room for the driver. it might have been a fluke, bad day ect. but just wondering if the patriot might have alittle more room? i doubt it , but had to ask....

jbjeepguy 04-22-2008 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crod (Post 5123699)
..here is my deal. im 6'3. so basically "every" vehicle is somewhat uncomfortable for me in some way. some more than others obviously. i want to say i sat in a compass and was instantly shocked at the lack of room for the driver. it might have been a fluke, bad day ect. but just wondering if the patriot might have alittle more room? i doubt it , but had to ask....

The only interior difference between the Compass and Patriot is the headroom- the Patriot has about 1" more.

I am about 6'3" and find it very roomy- even with the moonroof I have several inches of space about my head. My friend 6'2" has a Patriot and has no complaints about interior room.

Maybe you sampled one that had the height adjustable seat all the way up? It adjusts by the lever on the side that looks like it might be the seat back recline lever (which is located right at the base of the seat back).

A couple things to note: One- you sit somewhat far away from the base of the windshield which can make you feel like you are in a cave. Two- the A-pillars are huge and give the impression that the interior is closing in on you.

Jeepster55 04-22-2008 08:31 PM

i'm 6'2" and 260+lbs....i have plenty of room in my Compass. more than enough head room and legroom.

as everyone has said: the Patriot and Compass are nearly identical. just depends on your preferences and needs. for me, i didn't want 'power stuff' but i also didn't want VINYL seats, so the Compass met my needs.

Urr 04-22-2008 10:36 PM

The driverseat is adjustable (up and down also), maybe the previous test-driver was just a short man?

k2qo 04-23-2008 05:25 AM

crod,

I am 6'2"/210 lbs and have test driven the Pat twice. I'm on the verge of buying. My present ride is a 2002 Buick Rendezvous which is to me, ultimately comfortable and roomy. Of the Saturn Vue, Jeep Liberty, Jeep Patriot and Chevy HHR, which are the contender vehicles for my current cash, only the Pat is close in comfort to the RDV.

The RDV was my first new vehicle post hip surgery in 1996 (compound fracture of the r. acetabulum). I test drove a couple contenders for 40+ miles to make sure that I could actually tolerate their seats and seating positions. My hip was sore after 5 miles in a Chevy Trailblazer and 10 miles in a Silverado. The RDV was good for for the whole shebang. Crazy way to buy!

It is funny how everything is just a bit different for each driver. Location of arm rests, height of the wheel, its fore and aft adjustment, the placement of the pedals, etc. If you can get all of that, a good buy, a lifetime powertrain warranty and good fuel economy all in one ride, well, that's a heck of a deal!

Best regards,
Mark
Clarence, NY

Doba 04-23-2008 06:46 AM

I am also 6'3" and 225lbs. I fit in my wifes Compass just fine. A lot more room than my DD 4Runner. Just crank the seat all the way down and back an it is just fine.

Knightfallzx2 04-23-2008 07:09 AM

I've never felt so short before. I'm 6'1". That being said, I found there to be a lot of head room in the Compass. I have to lower the seat a bit, but even if I leave it where my wife would set it, I recall still being fairly comfortable.

msondo 04-23-2008 12:36 PM

I did a long road trip with a Liberty a while back and recently purchased a Compass. The Liberty feels slightly wider, but the Compass feels slightly longer. We have tall family and they are impressed with the leg room (especially rear leg room) in the Compass. You get about 40 inches, which is 5 more inches than a Grand Cherokee!

crod 04-23-2008 02:33 PM

yeah, i will have to actually test drive one ... like i said. we were actually shoping for the grand at the time. i happened to see one and sat in it. you guys are probably right. the height adjustment was probably all the way up ect .

dont get me wrong, i know its not a big vehicle. hopefully soon ill test drive a limited and see how that is

thanks.

JeepinGirlCT 04-23-2008 05:53 PM

We test drove both-I could have gone with either vehicle, but my husband has broad shoulders, and preferred the Patriot over the Compass. He liked mine so much he got one for himself. The Patriot has a little more cargo room than the Compass. Like I said earlier, I could have gone with either vehicle, but in the long run (since we take mine as the family vehicle-his is the work truck), the Patriot won out over the Compass.

Either way-you'll get a good vehicle!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

OnRoad 04-23-2008 06:15 PM

I had the opposite reaction in a Patriot. (The seat was all the way up...)
The seat adjustment is really the key.

k2qo, it is not strange at all. I do the same thing as I have a marginal back. If the seats are not comfortable, they never will be. We spend an alarming amount of time in our cars....

luffy 04-24-2008 10:00 AM

I am also 6'2" 235lbs and use my Patriot daily for business travel. (49,000 miles this past year). I have found that if you play with the seat position the Patriot can be a very comfortable vehicle for us larger guys.

Urr 04-24-2008 11:18 AM

I use the height adjustment mostly for two "my personal settings";):
- "Offroad" i.e. almost up just to see more in front of the vehicle
- "Comfort" i.e. almost down for driving on the road
:thumbsup:

biggered 04-24-2008 08:44 PM

6'2" 260 Here and very comfortable in the PAT!

RED

phonegunner 04-25-2008 02:26 PM

It would be nice if my 2006 Liberty could have the headroom that my wifes 2007 Compass has...

The Liberty up/down seats start at the same height as the normal seat and go up so no-go there...

While the Compass seats almost make you feel like you are sitting on the floor (if not under the floor) when they are all the way down...

Ted...

The time now is 06:13 AM.