differance between rockcrawl and autostk on patriot.. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > differance between rockcrawl and autostk on patriot..

FS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Ring & Pinion's, Lockers, 4340 Axles, Install Kits, Ba~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~

Unread 04-26-2008, 07:21 AM   #1
crod

differance between rockcrawl and autostk on patriot..

hey guys, like ive been posting lately. im leaning towards the patriot limited.

could you please tell me the differances between the rockcrawl trans, and auto stick. i understand the mechanical aspect. just wondering the main differance between packages ect. is it just the trans? or skid plates ect.

what kind of gas mileage does each one get?

if it helps. the vehicle will mainly be used for city driving, some trips up north, but most likely will not ever be used in "rock crawl mode".

thanks.

crod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 05:53 PM   #2
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

The limited is probably the right choice for you if you are not planning on off roading and want the best fuel economy. Rock crawling is not recommended with any of the MK based Jeeps.

Go to Jeep.com and look up Freedom Drive II. This is what the rockcrawl version is. (Do a search on FDII here.) It is a CVT based transmission with a lower ratio so worse fuel economy, but only by a couple of miles per gallon.

The FDII package does have a number of goodies including the skid plates, tow hooks, oil cooler and low speed decent control. If you were planning to go off road, this is probably the best choice. (Certainly easier to get the parts in the package then to add them later...)

All of the cars have ABS ESP TPMS etc....

My Compass is mechanically the same as the Patriot Limited and I can tell you that I had absolutely no problems with the harsh winter we just had. If I am careful, I can get 29mpg. (Usually it is 24-26 in the cold and 25-28 in the warm...)

I am adding the skid plates, oil cooler and tow hitch. The cost will probably be 1mpg due to the extra weight. But I have a trailer to tow and have a tendency to end up on dirt roads at the wrong time of year...

Last edited by OnRoad; 04-26-2008 at 06:07 PM..
OnRoad is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-26-2008, 07:43 PM   #3
crod

thanks. i kind of figured it out after i posted. yeah, most likely i would buy the fd2 more so for the other options included. (skid plates ect.)
crod is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.