diesel mpg - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > diesel mpg

Rough Country Deals at JeepHut.comSave at JeepHut on Smittybilt Soft topsUp to $75 Cash Back on Your ARB Fridge Freezer Purchase

Unread 10-19-2007, 01:06 PM   #1
merlinTec

diesel mpg

Hi
I just done a 400mile round trip in a compass diesel and I was very impressed with the MPG. I would have never put jeep and great mpg together but I can with the compass.
Sorry about the image it was on my phone.

picture071.jpg  
Unread 10-19-2007, 02:50 PM   #2
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec
Hi
I just done a 400mile round trip in a compass diesel and I was very impressed with the MPG. I would have never put jeep and great mpg together but I can with the compass.
Sorry about the image it was on my phone.
That's impressive. I too have the Compass Turbo Diesel (i'm from Australia). At about 6,000km I've noticed the response/performance has improved significantly (engine broke in maybe??).......and now my fuel consumption has gone up!!

I now average (city driving) 8.2L/100km (34.5mpg - UK, 28.6mpg - US). Highway Driving I get about an average of 7.2L/100km (37.6mpg - UK, 31.3mpg - US).

Last edited by mdls4; 10-20-2007 at 05:05 PM..
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-20-2007, 12:36 AM   #3
collkid
2000 XJ Cherokee 

Dang i wish they would just bring that stuff over here...
Colorado Member #89
collkid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 01:46 PM   #4
belezeeubub
2007 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by collkid

Naaa that stuff only works if you drive on the wrong side of the road

(sorry couldn't resist making a pun, I guess I am a punny guy)
belezeeubub is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2007, 02:41 PM   #5
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by belezeeubub
Naaa that stuff only works if you drive on the wrong side of the road

(sorry couldn't resist making a pun, I guess I am a punny guy)
there goes another one. But yes, I wish we got it here too.
Unread 10-23-2007, 08:57 PM   #6
mdls4
2008 JK Wrangler 

Haha, you can try driving on the wrong side of the road to increase your mpg

The Turbo Diesel engine, in my opinion, completes the MK/Compass. Surprisingly for a 2L 4 cylinder, the engine sounds really tough!
mdls4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-24-2007, 03:54 AM   #7
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdls4
Haha, you can try driving on the wrong side of the road to increase your mpg

The Turbo Diesel engine, in my opinion, completes the MK/Compass. Surprisingly for a 2L 4 cylinder, the engine sounds really tough!
The 1.9L TDI that we get (for VW diesel models, none were offered for the '07 year though ) sounds pretty good too. I really like it. If the VW dealer had actually got me a diesel in within a decent amount of time I would be driving it as opposed to my Caliber. I checked with them in July and they FINALLY called me back in frikkin' March. 2 weeks after I bought my non diesel Caliber.
Unread 10-24-2007, 01:26 PM   #8
merlinTec

Quote:
Originally Posted by collkid
Hi
Donít think you will ever get it even VW are dropping this engine so canít see jeep will have it for long.
I like this engine now but looking at the long term I wouldnít want one. Having the injectors in the engine is just asking for trouble. VW have had trouble with fuel getting past the injector seals and mixing with the oil resulting in engine damage.
I believe they also canít get the emissions down on this engine hence VW dropping it, the common rail engine is much more easier to control.
But it does make the caliber , patriot and compass the petrol models are a waste of time when you compare the power and drive between the two.
Regards,
Merlin
Unread 10-24-2007, 02:27 PM   #9
CoriolisSTORM
BURN IT DOWN POOKIE!!!

2010 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by merlinTec
Hi
Donít think you will ever get it even VW are dropping this engine so canít see jeep will have it for long.
I like this engine now but looking at the long term I wouldnít want one. Having the injectors in the engine is just asking for trouble. VW have had trouble with fuel getting past the injector seals and mixing with the oil resulting in engine damage.
I believe they also canít get the emissions down on this engine hence VW dropping it, the common rail engine is much more easier to control.
But it does make the caliber , patriot and compass the petrol models are a waste of time when you compare the power and drive between the two.
Regards,
Merlin
Yeah, the Pumpe Duse (literally injector pump translated) engines can't meet the upcoming emissions requirements for US or Europe. As far as the injector problems I haven't read about it on TDIclub anywhere, but then again its mostly the 1.9L TDI engines there. I DO want one, my only problem is the timing belt as opposed to a timing chain. Personally, I would rather a lower pressure injector blow or act up as opposed to a high (20k PSI) one blow, but that's just me.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.