Dies while driving - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Dies while driving

NEW JK WRANGLER GRAB BARS NOW at ROCKRIDGE4WDRear Disc Brake Conversion Kit- TJ,YJ,XJSWAG 50 Cal Ammo Can Mount With M2A1 Can

Unread 05-03-2014, 06:48 PM   #1
Doneiska
2008 MK Patriot 

Dies while driving

I am all out of ideas. I have a 2008 Jeep Patriot 2.4 liter. I feel like I'm getting the run around because I'm a woman. Yes I pulled the card. My Jeep is dying randomly. At first the etc and treading light was coming on and going off. I pull no codes. No lights. All I hear is ding and I loose everything. At first I was told bad gas. 2 bottles of heet and a full tank later. I was told to get more heet. ???? Ahhh sounds like you don't know what you are doing. So I did some research and was like maybe idle sensor. Auto Zone sure we have the part. I go there dealer part,sorry. I call the dealer back order. I call another dealer....your car takes the whole throttle body. Wasted 4 days so I say forget it I'm going to a shop.$98.00 and 4 hours later. We think it's a fuse box. A fuse box? Yeah it's probably about $40 or so but 99.9% sure that's it. Is it called something else? Nope a fuse box. So I call down have we ordered the fuse box what's going on. Ah yeah we called Jeep we are going to need your car for a couple of days and it could be 1 of 2 things but both are going to run about $1000. WHAT??? Can anybody help me? It runs so smooth I don't know where to turn.

Doneiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #2
OnRoad
2008 MK Compass 

Had something similar with my 08 compass. It was the circuit board that makes up part of the relay/fuse assembly under the hood. Expensive fix as they replace the entire unit. Usually it acts like a dead battery condition.

I am guessing that is what they suspect...
Unread 05-04-2014, 12:09 PM   #3
jacko15
2014 WK 

Totally Integrated Power Module, or TIPM. Do a search, it's not all that uncommon.
jacko15 is online now   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
Doneiska
2008 MK Patriot 

Quick update...Went to autozone because finally a code came p2107. So off to the dealership because it means flash pcm. Okay so today and this is unbelievable I go to the dealership and tell them about the flash. They say they were going to test everything and flash it for $55..awesome sign me up! 1 hour later you have an internal failure in your pcm. Regular cost $350. Okay not bad here's the issue. We have 17 coming in but there are 168 people in front of you. WHAT!!! If I were you honestly I would trade it in or get rid of it. Over a $350 part? Yeah because there is no telling when we'll have one in for you. We called all the aftermarket people we deal with and nada. So I'm like he's playing. I call another dealer same issue except they are getting 14 in with 118 people waiting. I said seriously if I call around what are the chances of me finding this part. He told me the nearest one is in Knoxville, TN which is about 251 miles away and they have one probably held back for a customer. I finally get to the web after dying 15+ times before making it home only to find a company that is willing to mail me a refurbed one for $399 in 3 days. I think this is crazy. Jeep has got to be better then this. I think this is my first and last time dealing with Jeep.
Doneiska is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-05-2014, 07:04 PM   #5
jacko15
2014 WK 

That sucks. Try escalating up the chain.

From the owner's manual:
"This is why you should always talk to your dealer’s
service manager first. Most matters can be resolved with
this process.
If for some reason you are still not satisfied, talk to the
general manager or owner of the dealership. They
want to know if you need assistance.
If your dealership is unable to resolve the concern, you
may contact the Manufacturer’s Customer Center.
Any communication to the Manufacturer’s Customer
Center should include the following information:
Owner’s name and address
Owner’s telephone number (home and office)
Dealership name
Vehicle identification number
Vehicle delivery date and mileage
DaimlerChrysler Motors Corporation Customer Center
P.O. Box 21–8004
Auburn Hills, MI 48321–8004
Phone: (800) 992-1997
jacko15 is online now   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.