Damn Lost My Backup keep 08 Patriot!! - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Damn Lost My Backup keep 08 Patriot!!

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineHalloween Savings to die for!We have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 06-26-2013, 03:46 PM   #1
hozer

UPDATE!!!!!!! Damn Lost My Backup keep 08 Patriot!! UPDATE!!!!!!!

I just called my local Jeep Stealership and they want $100 for a new key cuz it has a chip on it ( Grey top no buttons )

Is there anyplace I can go to get another key made cheaper? or do I have to pay the $100 bux for a new key!

Thanks

hozer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-26-2013, 03:52 PM   #2
festerw
2003 TJ Wrangler 

Ebay, as long as you have 2 programmed keys you can program a new one.
Unread 06-26-2013, 11:35 PM   #3
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

I think I paid like $160 or more once for a Pontiac one.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-27-2013, 10:06 AM   #4
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

easy with the stealership thing pal, some of us are here to help. but you're right, $100 IS a steal...for you. that's actually a really good price for a key in today's market.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 06-28-2013, 09:50 AM   #5
hozer

Well guys HEADS UP!!!! No longer do you need to goto the stealership to get your Chip Keys or FOB Keys made! ACE Hardware is now making these keys! I just had my chip key made at Ace Hardware for $69.00 + Tax! A ***** load cheaper than the stealership!
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:07 AM   #6
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hozer View Post
Well guys HEADS UP!!!! No longer do you need to goto the stealership to get your Chip Keys or FOB Keys made! ACE Hardware is now making these keys! I just had my chip key made at Ace Hardware for $69.00 + Tax! A ***** load cheaper than the stealership!
WOW, and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right??
Unread 06-29-2013, 07:25 AM   #7
hozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRSmart View Post
WOW, and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right??
I'm not worried at all. With 81K miles and over the 3 years the warrantee is expired! I just bought this jeep and the warrantee is expired and and anyway the warrnatee is not transferable!! I would assume you have some proof that the keys that are made by Ace Hardware would damage a Jeep Patriot to make this statement ---> "and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right?"

Per Jeep:

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY No deductible. Non-Transferable.
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:12 AM   #8
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
I'm not worried at all. With 81K miles and over the 3 years the warrantee is expired! I just bought this jeep and the warrantee is expired and and anyway the warrnatee is not transferable!! I would assume you have some proof that the keys that are made by Ace Hardware would damage a Jeep Patriot to make this statement ---> "and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right?"

Per Jeep:

there's so much wrong with what you posted that i don't know where to begin, and i'll just sit back and giggle at this one
Unread 07-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #9
hozer

Quote:
there's so much wrong with what you posted that i don't know where to begin, and i'll just sit back and giggle at this one

Wrong? Then prove to me what is wrong eh? All talk? Or are you just trolling?

As far as the key goes.. are you on drugs dude? rofl the key works fine no problems on my patriot hahahaha Go to the stealership pay big bucks for a chip key or fob. I dont have money to burn.

Have a nice day roflmfao
Unread 07-01-2013, 09:28 AM   #10
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hozer

As far as the key goes.. are you on drugs dude? rofl the key works fine no problems on my patriot hahahaha Go to the stealership pay big bucks for a chip key or fob. I dont have money to burn.

Have a nice day roflmfao
For starters...spelling and grammatical all over the place
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 07-01-2013, 10:49 AM   #11
hozer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FujativeOCR View Post
For starters...spelling and grammatical all over the place
So what lol You must be a edjumakated Scoller lol DOH!!!
Unread 07-01-2013, 11:15 AM   #12
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
*sigh* I tried to let it go, but if you insist...

Quote:

Per Jeep:

1. as pointed out already, your post had several spelling and grammar errors in it, which i will not list. i found it amusing that you spelled "warranty" wrong in two different ways, even though you correctly copied and pasted it from my post. EDIT: and you continue to make them. scoller? seriously?
  2. you misread my question. i never said that the key would fail, my question (posed in an assumptive tone) was that IF the key causes electrical damage to other components within the car, will Ace cover the damages? since you're having issues reading, here's a hint: the answer is no, they won't.
  3. the second owner did in fact receive a powertrain warranty on the car, but with a 3 year/36,000 mile limitation, which is expired on your car anyway.
  4. you keep using the term "the warranty" as if there is only one warranty on the car, first saying that "it" is expired because it is older than three years, then saying "it" doesn't transfer. since at the time of posting you had no way to know that the powertrain warranty transfers to the second owner with 3/36 coverage, one can assume that you were unaware of the multiple coverages your car has/had.
  5. following up with the abolve point, you used the wrong warranty in your argument. in the event of an electrical failure, your key would be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile Comprehensive warranty, NOT the Lifetime Limited Powertrain warranty. powertrain is internal engine/transmission/4wd system/drive axles, nothing else.

i worked for a chrysler dealership for almost six years, which is why i initailly took offense to the term "stealership". i always have, especially when some of us at the "stealership" are here to help you. i'm not trolling, i actually know what i'm talking about and try to help anyone in any way i can. remember that next time before you put your foot in your big mouth.
Unread 07-01-2013, 12:04 PM   #13
hozer

Quote:

1. as pointed out already, your post had several spelling and grammar errors in it, which i will not list. i found it amusing that you spelled "warranty" wrong in two different ways, even though you correctly copied and pasted it from my post. EDIT: and you continue to make them. scoller? seriously?
  2. you misread my question. i never said that the key would fail, my question (posed in an assumptive tone) was that IF the key causes electrical damage to other components within the car, will Ace cover the damages? since you're having issues reading, here's a hint: the answer is no, they won't.
  3. the second owner did in fact receive a powertrain warranty on the car, but with a 3 year/36,000 mile limitation, which is expired on your car anyway.
  4. you keep using the term "the warranty" as if there is only one warranty on the car, first saying that "it" is expired because it is older than three years, then saying "it" doesn't transfer. since at the time of posting you had no way to know that the powertrain warranty transfers to the second owner with 3/36 coverage, one can assume that you were unaware of the multiple coverages your car has/had.
  5. following up with the abolve point, you used the wrong warranty in your argument. in the event of an electrical failure, your key would be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile Comprehensive warranty, NOT the Lifetime Limited Powertrain warranty. powertrain is internal engine/transmission/4wd system/drive axles, nothing else.

i worked for a chrysler dealership for almost six years, which is why i initailly took offense to the term "stealership". i always have, especially when some of us at the "stealership" are here to help you. i'm not trolling, i actually know what i'm talking about and try to help anyone in any way i can. remember that next time before you put your foot in your big mouth.
Kool bud! The bottom line the car is out of warranty.

End of discussion!!
Unread 07-02-2013, 12:41 PM   #14
LKWJEEPER
2009 KK Liberty 

Quote:

Its pretty nice being able to read a post on a forum without losing brain cells. Good job!
LKWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.