JeepForum.com

JeepForum.com (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/)
-   Compass & Patriot Forum (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/)
-   -   Damn Lost My Backup keep 08 Patriot!! (http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/damn-lost-my-backup-keep-08-patriot-1541721/)

hozer 06-26-2013 03:46 PM

UPDATE!!!!!!! Damn Lost My Backup keep 08 Patriot!! UPDATE!!!!!!!
 
I just called my local Jeep Stealership and they want $100 for a new key cuz it has a chip on it ( Grey top no buttons )

Is there anyplace I can go to get another key made cheaper? or do I have to pay the $100 bux for a new key!

Thanks

festerw 06-26-2013 03:52 PM

Ebay, as long as you have 2 programmed keys you can program a new one.

FujativeOCR 06-26-2013 11:35 PM

I think I paid like $160 or more once for a Pontiac one.

IRSmart 06-27-2013 10:06 AM

easy with the stealership thing pal, some of us are here to help. but you're right, $100 IS a steal...for you. that's actually a really good price for a key in today's market.

hozer 06-28-2013 09:50 AM

Well guys HEADS UP!!!! No longer do you need to goto the stealership to get your Chip Keys or FOB Keys made! ACE Hardware is now making these keys! I just had my chip key made at Ace Hardware for $69.00 + Tax! A ***** load cheaper than the stealership!

IRSmart 06-29-2013 07:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hozer (Post 15617612)
Well guys HEADS UP!!!! No longer do you need to goto the stealership to get your Chip Keys or FOB Keys made! ACE Hardware is now making these keys! I just had my chip key made at Ace Hardware for $69.00 + Tax! A ***** load cheaper than the stealership!

WOW, and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right?? :highfive:

hozer 06-29-2013 07:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRSmart (Post 15620876)
WOW, and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right?? :highfive:

I'm not worried at all. With 81K miles and over the 3 years the warrantee is expired! I just bought this jeep and the warrantee is expired and and anyway the warrnatee is not transferable!! I would assume you have some proof that the keys that are made by Ace Hardware would damage a Jeep Patriot to make this statement ---> "and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right?" :2thumbsup:

Per Jeep:

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY No deductible. Non-Transferable.

IRSmart 07-01-2013 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hozer (Post 15620913)
I'm not worried at all. With 81K miles and over the 3 years the warrantee is expired! I just bought this jeep and the warrantee is expired and and anyway the warrnatee is not transferable!! I would assume you have some proof that the keys that are made by Ace Hardware would damage a Jeep Patriot to make this statement ---> "and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right?" :2thumbsup:

Per Jeep:

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY No deductible. Non-Transferable.

there's so much wrong with what you posted that i don't know where to begin, and i'll just sit back and giggle at this one :laugh:

hozer 07-01-2013 07:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRSmart (Post 15627444)
there's so much wrong with what you posted that i don't know where to begin, and i'll just sit back and giggle at this one :laugh:


Wrong? Then prove to me what is wrong eh? All talk? Or are you just trolling?

As far as the key goes.. are you on drugs dude? rofl the key works fine no problems on my patriot hahahaha Go to the stealership pay big bucks for a chip key or fob. I dont have money to burn.

Have a nice day roflmfao :pickle:

FujativeOCR 07-01-2013 09:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hozer

Wrong? Then prove to me what is wrong eh? All talk? Or are you just trolling?

As far as the key goes.. are you on drugs dude? rofl the key works fine no problems on my patriot hahahaha Go to the stealership pay big bucks for a chip key or fob. I dont have money to burn.

Have a nice day roflmfao :pickle:

For starters...spelling and grammatical all over the place

hozer 07-01-2013 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FujativeOCR (Post 15627944)
For starters...spelling and grammatical all over the place

So what lol You must be a edjumakated Scoller lol DOH!!!

IRSmart 07-01-2013 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hozer (Post 15627467)
Wrong? Then prove to me what is wrong eh? All talk? Or are you just trolling?

*sigh* I tried to let it go, but if you insist...

Quote:

Originally Posted by hozer (Post 15620913)
I'm not worried at all. With 81K miles and over the 3 years the warrantee is expired! I just bought this jeep and the warrantee is expired and and anyway the warrnatee is not transferable!! I would assume you have some proof that the keys that are made by Ace Hardware would damage a Jeep Patriot to make this statement ---> "and they'll warranty it if it screws the car up too, right?" :2thumbsup:

Per Jeep:

LIFETIME POWERTRAIN LIMITED WARRANTY No deductible. Non-Transferable.

  1. as pointed out already, your post had several spelling and grammar errors in it, which i will not list. i found it amusing that you spelled "warranty" wrong in two different ways, even though you correctly copied and pasted it from my post. EDIT: and you continue to make them. scoller? seriously?
  2. you misread my question. i never said that the key would fail, my question (posed in an assumptive tone) was that IF the key causes electrical damage to other components within the car, will Ace cover the damages? since you're having issues reading, here's a hint: the answer is no, they won't.
  3. the second owner did in fact receive a powertrain warranty on the car, but with a 3 year/36,000 mile limitation, which is expired on your car anyway.
  4. you keep using the term "the warranty" as if there is only one warranty on the car, first saying that "it" is expired because it is older than three years, then saying "it" doesn't transfer. since at the time of posting you had no way to know that the powertrain warranty transfers to the second owner with 3/36 coverage, one can assume that you were unaware of the multiple coverages your car has/had.
  5. following up with the abolve point, you used the wrong warranty in your argument. in the event of an electrical failure, your key would be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile Comprehensive warranty, NOT the Lifetime Limited Powertrain warranty. powertrain is internal engine/transmission/4wd system/drive axles, nothing else.

i worked for a chrysler dealership for almost six years, which is why i initailly took offense to the term "stealership". i always have, especially when some of us at the "stealership" are here to help you. i'm not trolling, i actually know what i'm talking about and try to help anyone in any way i can. remember that next time before you put your foot in your big mouth.

hozer 07-01-2013 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRSmart (Post 15628373)
*sigh* I tried to let it go, but if you insist...


  1. as pointed out already, your post had several spelling and grammar errors in it, which i will not list. i found it amusing that you spelled "warranty" wrong in two different ways, even though you correctly copied and pasted it from my post. EDIT: and you continue to make them. scoller? seriously?
  2. you misread my question. i never said that the key would fail, my question (posed in an assumptive tone) was that IF the key causes electrical damage to other components within the car, will Ace cover the damages? since you're having issues reading, here's a hint: the answer is no, they won't.
  3. the second owner did in fact receive a powertrain warranty on the car, but with a 3 year/36,000 mile limitation, which is expired on your car anyway.
  4. you keep using the term "the warranty" as if there is only one warranty on the car, first saying that "it" is expired because it is older than three years, then saying "it" doesn't transfer. since at the time of posting you had no way to know that the powertrain warranty transfers to the second owner with 3/36 coverage, one can assume that you were unaware of the multiple coverages your car has/had.
  5. following up with the abolve point, you used the wrong warranty in your argument. in the event of an electrical failure, your key would be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile Comprehensive warranty, NOT the Lifetime Limited Powertrain warranty. powertrain is internal engine/transmission/4wd system/drive axles, nothing else.

i worked for a chrysler dealership for almost six years, which is why i initailly took offense to the term "stealership". i always have, especially when some of us at the "stealership" are here to help you. i'm not trolling, i actually know what i'm talking about and try to help anyone in any way i can. remember that next time before you put your foot in your big mouth.

Kool bud! The bottom line the car is out of warranty.

End of discussion!!

LKWJEEPER 07-02-2013 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by IRSmart (Post 15628373)
*sigh* I tried to let it go, but if you insist...


  1. as pointed out already, your post had several spelling and grammar errors in it, which i will not list. i found it amusing that you spelled "warranty" wrong in two different ways, even though you correctly copied and pasted it from my post. EDIT: and you continue to make them. scoller? seriously?
  2. you misread my question. i never said that the key would fail, my question (posed in an assumptive tone) was that IF the key causes electrical damage to other components within the car, will Ace cover the damages? since you're having issues reading, here's a hint: the answer is no, they won't.
  3. the second owner did in fact receive a powertrain warranty on the car, but with a 3 year/36,000 mile limitation, which is expired on your car anyway.
  4. you keep using the term "the warranty" as if there is only one warranty on the car, first saying that "it" is expired because it is older than three years, then saying "it" doesn't transfer. since at the time of posting you had no way to know that the powertrain warranty transfers to the second owner with 3/36 coverage, one can assume that you were unaware of the multiple coverages your car has/had.
  5. following up with the abolve point, you used the wrong warranty in your argument. in the event of an electrical failure, your key would be covered under the 3 year/36,000 mile Comprehensive warranty, NOT the Lifetime Limited Powertrain warranty. powertrain is internal engine/transmission/4wd system/drive axles, nothing else.

i worked for a chrysler dealership for almost six years, which is why i initailly took offense to the term "stealership". i always have, especially when some of us at the "stealership" are here to help you. i'm not trolling, i actually know what i'm talking about and try to help anyone in any way i can. remember that next time before you put your foot in your big mouth.



Its pretty nice being able to read a post on a forum without losing brain cells. Good job!


The time now is 06:04 AM.

Powered by vBulletin Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.