CVT2 Operation - Lurching - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > CVT2 Operation - Lurching

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineRubicon Express Suspensions from CCOR 706-207-4140Smittybilt Hard Tops @ Oconee Off-Road! 706-534-9955

Unread 09-27-2007, 11:02 AM   #16
NoNamesLeft

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunter44102
I personally -love- the down-shift slow down of the CVT2.

When I am driving in stop-n-go traffic and see sudden brake lights, I just let off the Gas to slow down and so I completely avoid hitting the brakes.

So I save wear/tear on the brakes.

I don't care as much what happens to the CVT because its part of the life-time warranty.

My main concern was gas mileage. If I am unable to coast properly, maybe there is something wrong with the engine causing drag. I do hope this lessens over time.

NoNamesLeft is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 02:14 PM   #17
patrick3319
2008 MK Compass 

I believe, as its been stated is its apart of being a cvt! Mine did this, the one I test drove did it, and one my brother test drove did it...its just how its been designed I guess...if you keep your foot on the pedal but VERY lightly pressing down you kinda coast...its like s a sweet spot...
patrick3319 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.