cvt fluid check - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > cvt fluid check

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitIntroducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-13-2012, 05:33 PM   #1
robbiecc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

cvt fluid check

hi, having a problem finding info on how to check the fluid on an 07 compass w/cvt trans. about the only thing i know for sure is that there is no dip stick and about all the owners manual says is to take it to a qualified service tech. how hard can it be-do fine checking/changing fluids on my 98 TJ w/5 spd

thanks

robbiecc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 06:00 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

This link has info on servicing the fluid too but the third post has how to check the level. The dipstick can be purchased from the dealer and I've heard that Amazon has a universal one.

CVT FLUID CHANGE.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-14-2012, 11:42 AM   #3
robbiecc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

thanks--came across that b4 but it didn't quite make scense to me then-does now that i know you have to buy a dipstick. kinda makes ya wonder what brain wizzard took something so simple and straight forward and complicated the crap out of it. and people wonder why i have no respect or anything nice to say about the majority of engineers i have come across. "if it ain't broke-we can fix it" or "give us 5 minutes and it will be".

have kind of a wirrling whiney sound when under power but not when coasting, decelerating or stopped-also disappears when moveing and shift to "N". not really loud and it has been noisey since we got it but don't rem this particular sound. just thought i'd check all fluids and here i am
Unread 10-14-2012, 12:04 PM   #4
robbiecc
1998 TJ Wrangler 

what a racket-oil dip sticks are $15-$20 but the one for the tranny starts at $43 (cheepest i found) and goes up. love my 98 TJ but wife's 07 compass is looking like it can be a real pain.
Unread 10-15-2012, 11:34 AM   #5
bigkat91
2011 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiecc
what a racket-oil dip sticks are $15-$20 but the one for the tranny starts at $43 (cheepest i found) and goes up. love my 98 TJ but wife's 07 compass is looking like it can be a real pain.
I think they did this so good old weekend mechanic didn't just go out a put good old dex III in the cvt....
bigkat91 is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.