CVT Fluid Change - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Jeep Compass & Patriot Forum > CVT Fluid Change

New! JK/U skid plate system.1976-1986 Jeep CJ7 with Stationary Vent Windows Weatherstr1976-1986 Jeep CJ7 with Adjustable Vent Windows Weatherstr

Unread 04-22-2015, 07:00 PM   #1
nwdc10
2010 MK Patriot 

CVT Fluid Change

MY 2010 Pat has 73000 on it. I know the manual does not call for a fluid and filter change until 10 years or 120K. What are others doing? Any idea on costs? Mine is staring to feel like it's slipping a bit under acceleration at slower speeds and I am wondering if the fluid is getting dirty.

Thanks.

Josh

nwdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-24-2015, 11:50 AM   #2
ODubhGhaill
2014 MK Patriot 

The manual currently suggests replacing the fluid at 120,000 miles or at 60,000 if the following applies: "Change automatic transmission fluid and filter if using your vehicle for any of the following: police, taxi, fleet, or frequent trailer towing. (CVT only)." Personally, I'm going to have mine changed at 60K and not worry about it any more.
ODubhGhaill is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 05-21-2015, 01:57 PM   #3
nwdc10
2010 MK Patriot 

So I had the fluid, and I am guessing filter, replaced at the dealership. Not cheap, $300 or so, and the CVT is still a bit jerky, more so than it was when the Jeep was new, has 74K on it now. Any ideas? I hear these CVT's are total junk, and then talk to people that say they are rock solid.

Josh
nwdc10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.