Crazy Places you take your Patriot/Compass? - Page 2 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Crazy Places you take your Patriot/Compass?

Ruffstuff Axle Simple Swap Kit!ROCK BOTTOM prices on LIFT KITS at Rockridge4wd!! WANT TO Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 04-13-2010, 11:35 AM   #16
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

AS ALWAYS, in lieu of getting a membership or getting a photobucket (or similar) account to link to, I will gladly post pictures for ANYBODY that sends me a request. I will send you my email address and you can shoot them to me. If these pics are at JP let me know and I'll go "steal" them with your approval.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 01:21 PM   #17
rskitall
2007 MK Patriot 

I have gone about 5 miles out on logging roads.My father in law said I would get stuck but it did great and I pulled about 2,000lbs of firewood in my trailer.Only scary part was having the trailer in the back.going over deep craters the trailer and hitch would do a V and got pretty close to the ground but it never hit thank god.Only once going up a rocky dirt hill I slid down because of the weight of the trailer but it got halfway up before gravity took over(no traction on dirt)
rskitall is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-14-2010, 03:11 AM   #18
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Still haven't done anything I would classify as "crazy" (nor do I intend to), but one trip where I learned quite a bit about the limitations of this vehicle was this: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/o...y-16th-806971/
Unread 04-15-2010, 11:25 PM   #19
deepnite10

not by choice..but, several trips thru 1 to 2 feet of snow..
deepnite10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2010, 03:03 PM   #20
AntDragon
2008 MK Patriot 

Well, after I attended another event, I started a flikr account finally. Now I can share pics of the crazy places my Patriot has been. They may not be extreme but who gets a Patriot extreme mud bogging or rock climbing?? I apologize in advance for not getting many action shots- September '09 trip on Flagpole trail at George Washington National Forest there were only two Wranglers and myself, and as you can see the wet white stuff kept most wheelers inside their 4x4s during a December '09 Green Ridge State Park charity ride. It also handled well in the aftermath of the "crazy" 2-3 feet of snow the Mid-Atlantic received in January.

The part is crazy not because of the location or terrain, but the context of the event: An antique car show. One of the volunteers is a member of another J**p f*r*m/group and made some sort of bet or challenge with the even runners...so several owners showed up and got to park on the show field (enjoy the classics!).

KnightRiot's photosets on Flickr

and my Jeep-O-Vision video of Green Ridge: YouTube - Patriot joins the 2009 BSJeepers Green Ridge Jeep, 4x4 Toys4Tots Snowy winter trail ride
AntDragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-07-2010, 04:08 PM   #21
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Nice shots and video. LOVE the old stuff too.

Unread 10-24-2010, 08:19 PM   #22
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

lol, not sure if this is "crazy" but i was at an HSR West event out at Phoenix International Raceway and i took it out on the track for a few laps. it did alright. 80 down the back straight, could have pushed it more but it got squirrely coming into turn one... the best part of taking it out? pulling up on a dodge viper that apparently didnt know it was a race track

oh and it was my step moms compass. im an XJ owner. just thought yal would like to read that
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
bldeagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-24-2010, 11:29 PM   #23
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Thanks for the laugh! I needed that.

Unread 10-25-2010, 04:00 PM   #24
bldeagle10
1999 XJ Cherokee 

no problem! i actually like this little jeep. even with all its drawbacks and issues. its a good commuter i guess.
Build Thread:
[url]http://www.expeditionportal.com/forum/threads/66115-Project-Brooke-1999-XJ?referrerid=17111[/url]

[quote=egodfrey;12318468]my diffs and unibody rails have more scrapes then an emo-girls arm[/quote]
bldeagle10 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-25-2010, 07:57 PM   #25
fishgutz
2010 MK Patriot 

My Patriot will never go off road. I don't count dirt roads as off road. Bought the FWD for that reason.
That is what I had my YJ for and now have the 4 Door JK.
And now we have two Jeeps that my 6'4" 15 year old can fit in the back seat of with me (6') and my wife(5'10") in the front.
I was surprised to find out that a lift kit is a factory/dealer option on the Patriot.
fishgutz is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
compass , off road , patriot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.