Crazy Places you take your Patriot/Compass? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Crazy Places you take your Patriot/Compass?

99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights Clear Cor99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Chrome Headlights99-04 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo Dark Headlights

Unread 01-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
modelbuilder
2005 WK 

Crazy Places you take your Patriot/Compass?

Hey All,

WK owner here. Just wanted to know where you all take your Compass and Patriots? Trails, mud.

Have you ever hit a trail that most people think a Patriot could not handle? Things of that sort....

Just wanted to drop by and find out!

modelbuilder is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-02-2009, 04:34 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Here's a start http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/quick-links-mks-off-road-tsbs-parts-books-much-more-519045/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 04:28 AM   #3
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

Nothing very crazy here - I still owe money on the damn thing, it's not like I can exactly go out and wreck it just for laughs. :P

I'm not sure what people think is the limit for a Patriot, but the forest trail I did with mine, well, if I had walked it all through before driving it I would have doubted that it could be done. Of course, I did have very experienced spotters to show me the best lines, if I would have tried it alone I would have banged against the rocks much more. Mud? I did try one bigger spot - where I naturally got immediately stuck, thanks to my lovely stock streetslick tires. (Edit: come to think of it, the mud was deep enough that I'm not sure better tires would have helped. Maybe would have gotten me a tad further into the mud before leaving me high-centered on it.) Most off-road driving I've done has been rather easy sand trails. Nothing impressive, but then with those technical driving hasn't been the point.

A few pics of the forest trail and one from a camp site in Lapland: http://s488.photobucket.com/albums/r..._another_Tony/

Last edited by Tony1911; 01-07-2009 at 05:05 AM.. Reason: See above.
Tony1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-07-2009, 12:07 PM   #4
Knightfallzx2
2008 MK Compass 

Many would consider Winnipeg a crazy place to drive any vehicle, let alone a Compass.
Read my Blog on Jeepspace
Knightfallzx2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-09-2009, 06:23 PM   #5
polished_heckle
2007 MK Patriot 

http://www.youtube.com/user/hecklerpolished
polished_heckle is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2009, 09:40 AM   #6
fortuneer

2007 MK Compass 

Florida, land of swamps. I live in Central Florida, home of the Green Swamp WMA. Most of the (limited) driving trails are pretty tame in the winter. In the summer though (our rainy season), they can get downright nasty. My good ol' Compass 4X4 has pulled me through some thick stuff even with the factory AT tires. Might think twice (or three or four times) before taking on a rocky trail though.

Black '07 Compass Sport 5-speed 4X4 ("Fortuneer"), K&N filter, cat-back exhaust; RR lift, sunroof, trailer tow group, Boston Acoustic audio, sport bars, rear taillight guards, more to come... Finally got it back from the wife so I can let my Neon R/T rest for a rebuild.
fortuneer is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-11-2009, 03:23 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by polished_heckle View Post
Thanks! I added that to the sticky MK's Off-Road, Parts Books and quick links

Unread 01-19-2009, 01:52 PM   #8
zxjockey
2007 MK Patriot 

Downtown Detroit!

zxjockey is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-19-2009, 02:44 PM   #9
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by zxjockey View Post
Downtown Detroit!

hehe with the weather the way it's been and the road conditions anywhere in the metro Detroit area is an adventure!

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 01-20-2009, 08:37 AM   #10
Jawa78
2008 MK Compass 

To the mall! LoL

I use to take my WJ (sniffles I miss you ) all over the place, since owning the compass she only goes off roads when I have park in grass lots

She just FWD but eventually like after I am done making jeep payments I might get more adventous with her.
Jawa78 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-05-2009, 12:48 AM   #11
swiftyduzit2
2008 MK Patriot 

well i took my patriot down in the dunes in anna bay in new south wales australia and i got bogged about 300m in to the journey but to to it all off i blew the clutch in about 10 secs with esp off so they are not as strong as everyone keeps telling me they are
swiftyduzit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2009, 03:46 AM   #12
Tony1911
2007 MK Patriot 

O.o Yikes! I know hogar over at ***********.com managed to destroy a clutch, but it took him considerably longer... You sure it wasn't a defective clutch to begin with?

(Edit: oh man, don't tell me this silly site doesn't allow people to mention other forums? This is ridiculous! Anyway, I was talking about a forum dedicated to the Jeep Patriot. I'm sure you can figure it out if you want to go there. )

Last edited by Tony1911; 02-06-2009 at 03:48 AM.. Reason: Sudden attack of censorship
Tony1911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 02-06-2009, 04:55 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony1911 View Post
O.o Yikes! I know hogar over at ***********.com managed to destroy a clutch, but it took him considerably longer... You sure it wasn't a defective clutch to begin with?

(Edit: oh man, don't tell me this silly site doesn't allow people to mention other forums? This is ridiculous! Anyway, I was talking about a forum dedicated to the Jeep Patriot. I'm sure you can figure it out if you want to go there. )
Bad blood in the early days. My request to lift the censor was denied.

Unread 02-11-2009, 12:42 AM   #14
swiftyduzit2
2008 MK Patriot 

well they pulled it apart and saw that the pressure plate was completely destoyed but it was all over in about 10 secs but i had to pay 1200 dollars to get it fixed and we are going back out on the dunes again next month to prove that the car can do it with ease
swiftyduzit2 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-13-2010, 11:14 AM   #15
AntDragon
2008 MK Patriot 

Okay old thread but new member: Note that my tow hooks and strap are still virgins!

[IMG]http://www.***********.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=248&pictureid=1873[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.***********.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=248&pictureid=1865[/IMG] Green Ridge State park, December 2009

[IMG]http://www.***********.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=248&pictureid=1820[/IMG] Flag Pole, George Washington National Forest. Fall 2009

[IMG]http://www.***********.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=248&pictureid=1818[/IMG]
[IMG]http://www.***********.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=248&pictureid=1816[/IMG]

Edit of an Edit to be more 'fair' and PC: Seriously, this site won't even let me display pictures in a post because they want to filter out the URL, which is not going to be seen or clickable??? On top of a relatively small user total limit and relatively subscription? *asterix*.com charges me less for a lifetime membership than this place does for one year...what else do we get?

Last edited by AntDragon; 10-07-2010 at 03:16 PM.. Reason: Excessive filtering is impeding sites purposes and intent.
AntDragon is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
compass , off road , patriot

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.