crashed the compass-stupid move - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > crashed the compass-stupid move

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsFS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye Kit

Unread 11-10-2011, 06:17 PM   #1
ronjr8102
2007 MK Compass 

crashed the compass-stupid move

so I got in an accident today w/ the compass. I was rushing to pick up my daughter from school and went thru a stop sign (didnt notice it and not focusing). I slammed on my brakes when I noticed someone in the lane. I skid and he tried to slow and avoid me. the clipped my front end w/ his passenger side. my whole front end was ripped off. everything but the headlights. I have had a good driving record for few years now (back in my late teens ans early 20s I had some speeding tickets and accidents). it sucks now, insurance goin up on next renewal. I had my 2 yr old in the back seat, she is ok, the accident just interupted her reading a book w/ cops, fire dept and emts looking at her.

ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
w4rh4wk
2011 MK Compass 

glad you two are ok! Remember, cars can be fixed and replaced.
Pioneer AVIC-X910BT Radio + Jensen JCAM1 Rearview Backup Cam, K&N 63-1567 Performance Intake , Magnaflow Exhaust Part #16777 (Yes it will fit on a 4x4 2011 Compass), Mopar Chrome Fuel Door, Cargo Area Security Cover, Husky floor mats, Mopar Front & Rear Molded Splash Guards
w4rh4wk is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 06:43 PM   #3
WingedScapula
2009 MK Compass 

That really sucks, but I'm glad nobody got hurt. It looks like the damage was all superficial, too - that's pretty lucky.
WingedScapula is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #4
ronjr8102
2007 MK Compass 

thanx - the intial estimate is $3400 and 9 business days to fix.
ronjr8102 is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.