Crash test ratings - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Crash test ratings

Halloween Savings to die for!Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineWe have Engo 10k Synthetic IN STOCK!!! Hurry while supplie

Unread 10-28-2006, 11:25 AM   #1
Mistyfate

Crash test ratings

Hey I just saw these posted on another site...I thought I would share with those on this site.

http://www.safercar.gov/NCAP/Cars/4061.html

Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2006, 11:47 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Interesting! The Caliber got 5 front and 5 side. I wonder why that was? I wouldn't think that the front end sheet metal would make that much of a difference. Anyway, 4 star front and 5 star side is still better than anything else I've ever had. Thanks for finding that, I had been looking for it too.
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
Mistyfate

Glad to be of assistance! (for once!). I actually found a post on the http://www.myjeepcompass.com/ website. Someone else on this site had recommended it. I haven't checked that site out in depth but when I saw the post on safety ratings I was immediately interested.

The post that I read had a similar comment/question in regard to the Caliber's 5 star rating in comparison to the 4 star rating of the Compass. No one has given a definative answer...and (from the litte I saw) the myjeepcompass forum has less chatter, but I could be wrong.

Any inclement weather in your area (of late)? If so, how is the Compass doing?

I haven't seen any snow...but I have been in a handful of downpours and I feel VERY SAFE and in control - which is a great change from when I drove my old Ford Focus.
Mistyfate is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 10-28-2006, 03:53 PM   #4
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Mistyfate,
Weather has been typical October, cold, windy and showers. The other morning it was down to 26 degrees but no ice, and at the same time I was glad that I wasn't in Colorado where they had two feet of snow at the Springs (used to live there, too).

Still a comfort to drive, LOVE THOSE HEATED SEATS!!!! It's a really relaxed drive, not anything like the old Dodge. I do feel secure. High beams on the lights are GREAT for seeing deer eyes at a resonable distance in the early morning hours. At times I feel that I'm not "worthy", I have nothing to complain about!
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.