CrankShaft Position Sensor - Check Engine Light - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > CrankShaft Position Sensor - Check Engine Light

Introducing MONSTALINER™ UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed LineFS: Jeep Fog Light LED Bulbs! Several Brightness Options! Clayton Off Road JK Short Arm Suspension Kits

Unread 09-26-2012, 11:13 AM   #1
hp2point0

CrankShaft Position Sensor - Check Engine Light

I have a 2007 Jeep Compass. The past few months I have had a few issues with it. When accelerating the car seems sluggish. It would jerk and then it would ride pretty smooth once reaching around 30 mph. The check engine light also came on. This seems to happen more when the air-conditioning is on. Yesterday I was accelerating and around 15-20 mph there was a big jerk and the car would not go above 20 mph without the RPM's going into the red. The Check engine light started to blink. I turned the car off for about 3 min then started it again. Check engine light still blinking. I started to acceleration very gently and it seemed fine but I know there still must be a problem. Plugged in and got Codes for a missfire and Crank Shaft Position Senor. Reading other pages it looks like this sensor is fairly easy to replace but some sights say for the (4WD) AWD 2.4 engines that the Power Transfer Unit has the be taken out. Not to sure if that is something intense or not. Has anyone done this replacement on a 2.4 Engine?

hp2point0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:54 AM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

We've only had one other thread on this issue and the OP didn't come back with any further info.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/c...ensor-1333085/

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.