couple of comparison pics xj size vs patriot size - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > couple of comparison pics xj size vs patriot size

~Artec JK 1 TON SWAP~Engo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippMagnaflow SS Cat Back Exhaust System, Street, High Clearan

Unread 05-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #1
madrabbitt

couple of comparison pics xj size vs patriot size

Test drove another one today.
Managed to get some size comparison shots between my xj and the patriot, and a salesman's xj and a patriot.

Also, some pics of the towhook attatchment for 'grumps'

heres it next to my xj. theres probably about 500 lbs of equipment in the back of mine, so i'm a bit saggy.

one of the sale's dudes also has a xj

Engine compartment shots

The battery and pdc are well protected, but the plate over the battery is removed easy for access to the battery terminals.

tow hook location and bracketry:

And finally.
This is the color i intend on ordering in august:

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 05:42 PM   #2
madrabbitt

oh. if the pictures are too big for you...

get a bigger monitor.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
Unread 05-09-2007, 06:53 PM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I've got a wide screen, the pics are fine! Good shots for the size comparison.

Thanks for the extra pics. The pricing on the Tow Hooks is pretty cheap, I think so any way, $17.45. No pics at the dealers but I didn't figure there could be much of a bracket, at least not as big as the ones for your XJ.

Good price on the front skid plate from the dealer too, $83.35, part #5116 372AC (supersedes AB). We found the #5105 334AD and 5105 336AC for the gas tank but they are listed as "Heat Shields", $14.10 & $22.35 respectively. The gas tanks in these are a saddle shape that goes over the rear drive shaft.

Sooo, looks like the popular colors in the SW are still White or Sun faded something else.

GRUMPS
ecompass-chassis-009.jpg  

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-09-2007, 07:50 PM   #4
madrabbitt

the dealer had 6 patriots in stock.
the one i drove was actually the third to be delivered to NM. for some odd reason, it hasnt sold yet, and has the highest miles (220 when i was done) of any on the lot.

there were 2 white ones, 2 tan ones, 1 steel blue, 1 black.
black was getting a bath, the steel blue pictured was on the back lot, just about to be added to inventory.

the bracket appears to be a T shape. 3 or 4 vertical bolts on the upper part bolting it to the frame, 2 horizontal bolts on the lower part bolting the hook to the bracket.

Unread 05-10-2007, 11:37 AM   #5
phil8400

Great pictures. Thanks for posting these. I often wondered what they would look like side by side.
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-10-2007, 12:32 PM   #6
Chris_
2002 TJ Wrangler 

I want to like the Patriot, but it just seems to blend in with the rest of the SUVs out there. It's not aggressive looking at all. Cherokees, on the other hand, remind me of Clint Eastwood. They're old, outdated, but they're still a bad azz. I could see a Patriot wanting to grow up to be just like a Cherokee.
Unread 05-10-2007, 01:49 PM   #7
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I think that if Clint had one he would stand back, take a look at it and think to himself, "I'm going to make it my own". Maybe lift it, bigger tires, brush guards, driving lights, dirt, mud, scratches, dings, yada, yada. He certainly wouldn't complain about it or let someone else make his decision for him. It looks like the other SUV's because they copied Jeep. The Compass copied nobody and a lot of people don't like that either. Sometimes you just can't win, unless you are Clint Eastwood..

Unread 05-26-2007, 08:14 PM   #8
Heebsdizzle
2002 TJ Wrangler 

Isnt the compass a copy of a dodge SUV?
Heebsdizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-26-2007, 09:04 PM   #9
madrabbitt

the compass, patriot and dodge caliber are all on the same frame and chassis platform. They all have unique sheet metal bodies.

Unread 05-28-2007, 08:08 AM   #10
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
Good price on the front skid plate from the dealer too, $83.35, part #5116 372AC (supersedes AB). We found the #5105 334AD and 5105 336AC for the gas tank but they are listed as "Heat Shields", $14.10 & $22.35 respectively. The gas tanks in these are a saddle shape that goes over the rear drive shaft.
GRUMPS
That does look like a simple heat shield for exhaust to me since by the time manage to scratch it you'll have much more stuff to worry about first.
jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05-28-2007, 12:40 PM   #11
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzmtl
That does look like a simple heat shield for exhaust to me since by the time manage to scratch it you'll have much more stuff to worry about first.
Agreed! The pics on this thread are just of my stocker FD I just showing the gas tanks. The pics over here :

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f98/patriot-limited-fd-ii-test-drive-402333/

have the skid plates for the FD II Patriot (drivers side shown). I also looked under a friends Libby that has "Rusty's" skid plates, MUCH thicker than the stock Patriot!

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.