Concept "MK's": What do YOU want to see? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Concept "MK's": What do YOU want to see?

G2 Disc Brake Conversion Kit for Jeep Wrangler YJ TJ LJ ChSPARTAN LOCKERS are on sale BIG TIME at ROCKRIDGE 4WD!ZONE 4.25" combo lift for TJ available at Rockridge4w

Unread 03-06-2008, 07:56 PM   #1
Jeepster55

Concept "MK's": What do YOU want to see?

Live Jeep® Engineering Q/A - March 25th - Let’s Talk Jeep Fantasy

ANNOUNCEMENT: Jeep® Engineering Web Event

Detroit, Mich. March 25, 2008

What:

Opportunity to speak directly with Jeep® Engineers

Who:

Jeep Engineers and JeepForum.com members

When:

Tuesday, March 25, 2008 5:00PM - 7:00PM EST

Details:

Online Web Chat hosted by JeepForum.com in cooperation with Jeep Engineers. The featured topic of discussion will be “Let’s Talk Jeep Fantasy”. This session will be a combination Jeep Concept / Jeep Enthusiast Fantasy Vehicle dialogue as well as future Mopar Performance parts needs for Jeeps, though there are no official plans to produce these vehicles or components. Tell us what you want us to build!

so, with this event coming up, just what would YOU like to see Jeep come up with? i for one would like to see the Jeep Gladiator Concept become reality!

also, i would like to see a 'Rubicon' version of the "MK" with a factory lift, larger wheels/tires & gas tank, brush guards and a Mopar Accessory Basket for the roof.

but most of all, i would like them to KEEP THE COMPASS!!!!!!!

Jeepster55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-06-2008, 07:57 PM   #2
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

I'd love to see a brush guard that would work on the Rallye too - but I don't think that'll ever work

is this a web event or a live event? Being a Jeep owner and in Michigan I could always make this event

-[O l l l l l l l O]- 2014 Freedom Edition JKU - Hydro Blue 6-Spd
Argent33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 12:35 AM   #3
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

Jeepster that is so funny you said you wanted a Rubicon version... I have thought the same thing since its conceptual design. But now the way I see it the Wrangler has the Rubicon, the Liberty has the Renegade... We too need a special edition. I am not sure it should be a Rubicon.

If you look at the concept vehicle (the green one, not the SEMA orange one) it actually sat a little higher and had 235/65R17 tires. So its quite possible they have something like that up there sleeves that maybe released in a year or two.

But for those of us that can't seem to wait (like me) why not make your own Renegade or Rubicon versions? I mean thats my intent, in fact I am considering having aluminum side badges and stickers made just for my application.
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 03:15 AM   #4
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent33 View Post
is this a web event or a live event? Being a Jeep owner and in Michigan I could always make this event
apparently it's BOTH! it's a "Live Web Event" so you can 'chat' online with Jeep about what YOU want to see. i'll do my best to be online then and give them a piece of my mind.....a very small piece. i can't spare to lose TOO much more 'gray matter'......
Unread 03-07-2008, 04:33 AM   #5
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

For those of you who haven't sat threw these before you can check out the past "live" events: http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f144/
In the past these events were model specific, i.e. the topic was Wrangler Unlimited so don't ask questions about the Liberty and absolutely NO questions about future models! The big difference this time is we are talking fantasy, concepts and possible MOPAR Performance accessories. It should be a lot of fun!

This event, as are many others, are hosted live/online by JF for JF members only. Please limit your questions to one topic only and start preparing for them now. Just a suggestion but I normally use MS word and have my questions prepared so that I can "copy and paste" quickly to the forum. Trust me, you DON'T want to spend your time typing while it's in process! It would be best NOT to ask questions like "which MK will be cut if the do drop one of them" but instead ask questions like" will the Compass have an FD II option available." I'm sure that all of you can think of a lot of stuff to ask and IF the MK fans show up in force we MAY get our own dedicated Q & A session with them later on!

The Jeep Engineers deserve a lot of kudos for taking their time to do this for us. There is usually a "team" of them that field a variety of areas.

Mods will also be attending this event with our own questions too but we also watch for rude and inappropriate posts and edit as necessary. The less time that we spend editing the more enjoyable it is for us too.

Get ready to have some fun!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 06:34 AM   #6
wannarealjeep

better mk off road

I have a 06 commander now (wife's), and I want a patriot but want to see one with 5 spd man, off road pkg (fdII possibly), and maybe a 225/70/16 or so. It would be neat if jeep could come up with a pickup based like the old commanche. Toyota has a concept called the BAT, and I see a need for a base utility truck everyone can afford with the good gas mileage that the pat's are getting.
wannarealjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-07-2008, 02:04 PM   #7
Wasichus04
2006 TJ Wrangler 

The Gladiator for sure needs to be made. AEV concepts in (I think Oregon) offer the Brute kit for the TJ Models which really looks cool when put together correctly. If you have not seen one of these, Quadratech sells these kits and the one they have done up or use in the ads looks really good. As far as the MK models go I would like to see more power. It does not have to be a hemi ... all thou that would be really cool in the rally versons but how about a 3.7. More ground clearance would be another option I would like to see added. The people that do have lifted MK's really look good.
Wasichus04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 06:53 AM   #8
Jeepster55

you guys all have some great ideas and topics.....hope you can make it to the discussion.
Unread 03-08-2008, 01:32 PM   #9
Urr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps View Post
...ask questions like" will the Compass have an FD II option available."
This is an interesting question.
I would also like to know, if FDII will someday be available with manual gearbox (not only CVT) and with CRD engines (on Compass OR Patriot)?
In bright and happy future: Jeep Wrangler
Urr is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-08-2008, 02:53 PM   #10
unclejjg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wasichus04 View Post
As far as the MK models go I would like to see more power. It does not have to be a hemi ... all thou that would be really cool in the rally versons but how about a 3.7. More ground clearance would be another option I would like to see added. The people that do have lifted MK's really look good.
Agreed with the power. Thus, I'd really like to see them use one of Jatco's heavy duty CVT's, if that is the transmission they choose to stay with. Maybe they could lower the crawl ratio, and handle a bigger engine or a diesel.

As far as ground clearance, I think the fact that they already offer 9" is pretty damn good (more than the stock Liberty or GC), but another inch never hurts. However, I think another big piece to address is the articulation....at least for the FDII version. That is one of the major drawbacks of independent suspension, and its one that Jeep should address if possible.

Beef these puppies up a bit. Offering a "Rubicon Version", under any name would be welcome. I believe Expedition West said some of the limits of the MK are the traction, ground clearance, and articulation. A rear locker, another inch, and a little rethinking may be in order for a true off-road version on future models.

The key is, if we want it we will have to pay for it. I'd be willing fork over a couple extra grand for a special version...much in the same vein as the Rubicon and Renegade.

As for interiors...I'm really looking forward to seeing what improvements Chrysler plans, but to be quite honest, after sitting in and driving a Patriot...I think they are fine right now.
unclejjg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:06 PM   #11
Tormac

I’d love to see Jeep invest in suspension and chassis upgrades for the Compass. A ralley edition Compass that was actually set up to drive in WCR races, or at least pretend that it could would get Jeep a lot of attention, and from people that may tend to dismiss Jeeps as SUV’s for soccer moms currently. More power would be nice, but a suspension with more road feel and a chassis brace kit would be more interesting imho.
Tormac is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03-10-2008, 01:14 PM   #12
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

yeah I get no respect because my Rallye package

Unread 03-10-2008, 05:04 PM   #13
Jeepster55

Quote:
Originally Posted by Argent33 View Post
yeah I get no respect because my Rallye package
just to let you know, i don't think there's anything wrong with having the 'Rallye Package'. it's my not MY preference.........
Unread 03-10-2008, 05:12 PM   #14
Argent33
2014 JK Wrangler 

Oh I understand - but the Compass already gets little respect from the hardcore Jeep people...a 'sporty' performance package doesn't help it :P

I don't care much as I'm not going to be wheelin much anyway - especially not with the tires I have....

Unread 03-11-2008, 04:09 AM   #15
JLink
2007 MK Patriot 

I recall back in the day the Wrangler actually had an optional sporty ground effects package too... You may also notice there aren't many still on the streets because they have all been shamed into hiding. J/K.

However I do not understand the ralleyes purpose. I mean yeah ralleye cars are cool but not really that popular in the United States. I do not think Jeep is fooling anyone into thinking by adding a set of ground effects and additional front lamps they made it a ralleye car. Now if they would include some SRT-4 equipment then yes that would be one bad jeep but still not a ralleye car. Its because of this that many people believe it to be a factory poser package and like Argent33 already stated doesn't help with the Jeep crowd.
a Scan Gauge II and a Garmin GPSMap 60CSX
[url=http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2653175]CarDomain[/url]
JLink is offline   Reply With Quote

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.