Compass vs. Patriot - Page 5 - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass vs. Patriot

Stainless Steel Door Hinge PinsPoly Door Hinge BushingsDisc Brake Kits from ECGS

Unread 02-17-2007, 10:06 PM   #61
jzmtl
2000 TJ Wrangler 

Still I think a body colored bumper is much better looking.

jzmtl is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 12:30 AM   #62
madrabbitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gramps
I don't see the skids either but the 17x6.5 are on the "options" page, click on "more options" down in the lower left corner and expand it and you'll see

Tire and wheel group (details - 17X6.5)
P205/70R16 Black sidewall all season.

Since the only difference in the transmission is programming, the $1050 is for the skids, engine cooler, and suspension? Sounds reasonable. If you only check the CVT, the Trailer Tow prep is $130; if you check the FD II package, then the Trailer Tow Prep drops to $50 (the wiring harness presumably, over the counter they are $85 or so when I last checked) because the cooler is included in the FD II package.

The only thing that I see is a package D for the Sport and a F for the Limited ? What's up with that? How did you get an E package to show up?

you'd notice i mentioned that i dropped it from 21k plus to 21k exactly by canning the wheel package and the fogs.
the 17 inch wheels should be part of the II package i'd think.

Both cvt trannys are 1050. Look at that selection closer. Its just the different programing

Also, on the first page when you pick sport or limited, expand the "more options" tab (look whos advice i quoted... lol) and its there.
E package has everything the D has, plus everything in the power group that i wanted, plus more that you cant get on the D package like the removable rear cargo light and other minor stuff.
brings base from 16k to 18k, but you cant get some of what i want with the d package at any price so its doable.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
madrabbitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-18-2007, 06:12 AM   #63
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Found the E pkg this time and correct on the $1050 on the either tranny, (I KNEW that ). So what would explain the drop in price on the Trailer Tow package if the Engine Cooler wasn't included somewhere else? Something doesn't make since on the configurator. . To me, it looks like they have left out the rest of the FD II pkg that would "feature longer suspension travel, skid plates, tow hooks, and a full-size spare tire" or if those things are included in the CVT w/low range it may be priced wrong.

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 02-18-2007 at 06:43 AM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2007, 09:25 AM   #64
phil8400

Looks like the Patriot Sport with E package is missing a couple of options available in the Compass Sport E.

Sunroof - Limited only
Cruise Control - Limited only
phil8400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-19-2007, 02:02 PM   #65
madrabbitt

cruise control is offered as part of a $385 package with leather wrapped steering wheelwith audio controls on the sport E, but not on the D

I didnt bother specing that on mine since my cherokee doesnt have it, and i'm used to holding down the skinny pedal.

it does look like sunroof is limited only.

"When you see someone who needs help, help them. When you see someone who needs a hug, hug them... Help those who can't help themselves." -Sgt Andrew Tingwall, NMSP. End of watch 6-10-2009
Unread 02-23-2007, 06:01 PM   #66
captain_ruggy
1994 XJ Cherokee 

i almost bought a compass last year and then talked some sense into the wife.
I like the platform, I love the caliber, but I think the styling is just nasty, the front end and the back door handles, in particuliar. But the Patriot looks very good! I can see one of those in my future possibly.
The biggest worry for me one these vehicles would be all the electronics. I do off road alot and would off road anything I own, but how would the electronics hold up after a few water crossings or after being coated with mud?
Aux. fan switch, homemade BPE's
moved intake, OEM towhooks
Rear disc brakes, JKS disco's
captain_ruggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-24-2007, 03:05 PM   #67
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

but I think the styling is just nasty, the front end and the back door handles, in particuliar. But the Patriot looks very good...............................

to each his own, personally, i like the way the compass looks over the patriot(not just because i own one either).......i will say, the patriot looks more like the "jeep" style though
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02-25-2007, 07:19 PM   #68
captain_ruggy
1994 XJ Cherokee 

To me the Compass just doesn't look right, like maybe theres something missing. I can't really put my finger on it. It seems to be a decent vehicle mechanically, I just don't care for the looks, which is why I was leaning more towards a caliber. In the end I got a Trailblazer, I don't like Chevys all that much but it suits us better then the smaller Compass or Caliber. But I will always own a jeep of some type.

I think maybe most Jeepers are traditionalists and like the Jeep look. That why the Libertys and Compasses are looked down upon. I think they are both decent vehicles and actually like the Liberty, but the Patriot just looks more like a Jeep I guess.
Unread 02-25-2007, 07:47 PM   #69
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_ruggy
To me the Compass just doesn't look right, like maybe theres something missing. I can't really put my finger on it. It seems to be a decent vehicle mechanically, I just don't care for the looks, which is why I was leaning more towards a caliber. In the end I got a Trailblazer, I don't like Chevys all that much but it suits us better then the smaller Compass or Caliber. But I will always own a jeep of some type.

I think maybe most Jeepers are traditionalists and like the Jeep look. That why the Libertys and Compasses are looked down upon. I think they are both decent vehicles and actually like the Liberty, but the Patriot just looks more like a Jeep I guess.
Please stick to tech issues.

Zero Tolerance In Technical Forums

Unread 02-25-2007, 08:02 PM   #70
captain_ruggy
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Quote:
to each his own, personally, i like the way the compass looks over the patriot(not just because i own one either).......i will say, the patriot looks more like the "jeep" style though
Please stick to tech issues.

I was simply having a convo. with someone and you feel a need to single me out? What's with that? Gramps, you yourself have had some Non-tech posts in this very thread. Jeez.

Last edited by captain_ruggy; 02-25-2007 at 08:13 PM..
Unread 02-25-2007, 08:39 PM   #71
madrabbitt

i have to agree there gramps.

the 0 tolorance policy, which i dislike, but thats another story, says he cant call you a grumpy ol' bastard.
Quote:
There is now a zero-tolerance policy in effect for slander, harassment and off-topic bickering in the technical forums.
he can, however discuss the cosmetics of the model.

And thats another thing i dont like.

It shouldnt be "technical discussion"

it should be "model specific discussion"

I should bring that up with the admins.

Unread 02-25-2007, 08:41 PM   #72
madrabbitt

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain_ruggy
i've only recently grown tolorerant of the liberty's design. Its taken how many years?

the 2008 liberty, on the other hand, i like.

The wife wants a commander.
I told her to go get a degree, and a high paying job, and get her own damn commander.

I know i'm getting a patriot by the end of the year, primary reason is to be a family DD, but it also lets me build up the cherokee slightly more.

I may eventually consider a 08 liberty, maybe in a few years when the new design is slightly old.

Unread 02-25-2007, 08:49 PM   #73
captain_ruggy
1994 XJ Cherokee 

Yep, I am leaning towards a Patriot when the time comes to replace our Trailblazer. I want a vehicle I could do light off roading in and the Trailbalazer really isn't it. As far as it looks, the Patriot has some real off road ability. As far as the real off roading, that is what my XJ is for.
Unread 02-25-2007, 09:28 PM   #74
madrabbitt

the fleet outfit i worked for did an install on a trailblazer for a federal agency.

a federal agency that manages land.

it lasted a week.

they replaced it with a pickup.

mind you, this trailblazer replaced a 95 cherokee that finally hit the mandatory surplus mileage.

And this... has really gone off topic.

i want a patriot. stupid dealers dont have them yet.

Unread 02-26-2007, 04:20 AM   #75
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I didn’t create the Zero Tolerance Policy and before it was created I did get in to discussions that weren’t tech issues. I have to watch myself just like everyone else. I think that the admin is tired of trying to police the tech forums and want those kinds of discussions to be posted under “General Discussions”. Maybe a sub thread for General Discussions on the MK would be a good idea . Personally I would rather talk MK (which I love) and leave out the sheet metal (that's what starts the fights). I wasn’t trying to single anybody out; I was trying to caution all that SOMEONE may take negative posts as harassment or what ever. I really don’t want anybody to get kicked out of the forums, just asking that everyone be careful how you say things from now on. Remember, psychologically, it’s better to stay with the positives than to say negatives. Things like “I prefer the Patriot front end” than it is to say “I think that the Compass is ugly”. We can all understand preferences but few appreciate what can be taken as derogatory.

I don't think that the "Model Specific" discussions would work in a "Family Atmosphere" type tech forum. Tech posts shouldn't end up in a blood bath and "General Discussions" you enter at your own risk".

How 'bout an MK Tech Forum and a Compass/Patriot General Discussion Forum?

Technically speaking, of course!

Last edited by Gramps; 02-26-2007 at 05:32 AM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.