compass vs patriot. - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > compass vs patriot.

Safety Thimble FairleadsEngo winches available at www.rockridge4wd.com! Free shippBLACK FRIDAY SPECIALS!! You asked, we deliver!

Unread 11-28-2011, 01:32 AM   #1
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

compass vs patriot.

I'm still car shopping, and i've come across some smokind deals on a compass and a patriot. both are basically base models, with the trail rated package. out the door about 22k each. is there any reason why i would pick one over the other? from looking does the pat have 1" of ground clearance over the compass, if they both have the trail rated package? (that's what it looks like).

Thanks!

aroundincircles is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 08:17 AM   #2
IRSmart
2011 MK Compass 

nope, it just boils down to what you like most. although without looking, $22 OTR doesn't sound right for a compass sport with the CVT2L. i could be (and most likely am) wrong.
IRSmart is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 11-28-2011, 09:47 AM   #3
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

They have basically the same MSRP, patriot cheaper by $100, I talked them down to 20k, and add on taxes and fees brings it back up to about 22k, I guess its almost 23k. otd. two different dealers about 7 miles apart from eachother.
Unread 11-28-2011, 11:01 AM   #4
aroundincircles
1989 XJ Cherokee 

also looking at an 09 limited patriot, trail rated with nav. 21k miles. They are asking for 17,500... is that a good deal?
Unread 11-28-2011, 02:19 PM   #5
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Somebody posted recently on here the 1" on the patriot is .5" tire upgrade and .5" suspension. I don't recall reading the Compass ever had an Off Road package like the Patriot does. It was never made clear to me if all 4wd Patriots are 1" taller or just the Off Road ones.

If you get the taller patriot, mpg will take a hit. But it also looks better.

I like new for warranties and if anything brakes I know exactly how its been driven. So its always Chryslers fault. I'd pay the extra $4000-$5000 for new.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.