Compass vs Forrester - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass vs Forrester

Get DBA Brake Rotors From ExtremeTerrain.com!Poison spyder items @ oconee off road 706 534 9955Introducing MONSTALINERô UV Permanent DIY Roll On Bed Line

Unread 03-27-2007, 01:09 PM   #1
Tormac

Compass vs Forrester

Hello everyone!

Iím a newbie here, and new to the world of Jeeps in general. As the title says Iím shopping for a second vehicle to use when the weather is bad, and when I need to haul junk, or need a backseat for people. I though Subaru had a lock on my next car purchase, until I started reading reviews about this little Jeep.

Basically I want an awd station wagon, with the provision that it has to be a stick. I am confused by a lot of reviews of the Compass that I have read; on paper at least the Compass seems to be very competitive to the Forrester. The two have almost identical stats and numbers, but the Compass starts out several thousand less.

Have any of you Compass owners driven Subies? How would you say the Compass compares to the Forrester?

Tormac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2007, 01:41 PM   #2
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

I ran into someone with the Forester and we made some comparisons. The back seat is more roomy on the Compass than the Forester. With the raised seats there is more foot room, leg room and is a bit more comfortable. The down side on the Compass for the rear seat is that only 2 adults and a small child fit well because of the cup holders in the rear.

My daughters ex-boyfriend use to fit in the back and he was 6'2". My wife sometimes hauls aroud her 86 year old mother and 2 of her friends and they like it. Can't be too bad if they don't complain. Check it out, the Compass is worth a look!

Artificial intelligence is no substitute for natural stupidity

MK Skid Plate fasteners for sale posts 68 & 69

Also visit me at Photobucket
'06 WK Grand Cherokee Limited Quadra-Drive II, 5.7
'07 MK Compass Limited 4X4, AutoStick

Last edited by Gramps; 03-27-2007 at 02:47 PM..
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-27-2007, 02:57 PM   #3
Tormac

Thanks for the help Gramps.

I was hoping to test drive a compass, but the local Jeep dealer did not have an awd model in a stick, and I passed on the CVT.

Hopefully the Jeep dealer will get some more models in shortly.
Tormac is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 03-28-2007, 02:12 PM   #4
echocat22
2007 MK Compass 

i traded in my subaru impreza 2.5 rs for the compass, love(d) bot vehicles, obviously the compass i own now is much bigger, it also handles a lot better in the snow/ice
echocat22 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Unread 04-10-2007, 11:42 PM   #5
wyocommander
1999 XJ Cherokee 

We've had five Jeeps. They have been good vehicles. We've also had seven Subarus, including a Forester. Based on our experience, the Subarus have better build quality and materials and their AWD systems are very good. The Subarus were more reliable and handled better. Drive both thoroughly under the conditions you will be using them in. Test the features you are interested in.
Subaru only makes AWD vehicles.

I had a WRX wagon, AWD, very fast and it was very practical. If you want high performance and versatility for about $24 grand, the Compass can't match it.
Even if you aren't considering the WRX wagon, drive one. If you're not smiling during and after driving the WRX, then you'll probably be happy with the Compass.

As far a price, Subarus hold their value well. Our Jeeps did not have as good a resale, except for our Rubicon. So we paid more for the Subies, but received more in resale.

Again, try the WRX wagon, of all these little cute yute/wagons for $22 to $25K OTD it's the best combination of handling, feel and acceleration.
wyocommander is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the JeepForum.com forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid e-mail address for yourself.
Note: All free e-mails have been banned due to mis-use. (Yahoo, Gmail, Hotmail, etc.)
Don't have a non-free e-mail address? Click here for a solution: Manual Account Creation
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.