Compass throtle Problem - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass throtle Problem

Rockridge 4WD IS Taking Zone Offroad Suspension Lift Kits OPTIC ARMOR WINDOWS all sale now !!!!!!!!2003-2004 Jeep Grand Cherokee Headlight Dark Background wi

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:05 AM   #1
Sighter
2007 JK Wrangler 

Compass throtle Problem

Hi all, my Wife's 2012 Compass with 6k miles on it just did for the third time the same exact problem. Check Engine light went on and the throttle warning start flashing.. Of Course these events happen when were out of town with the Compass loaded with Gear (Film shooting) First time it happen they could find the problem and changed the accelerator sensor, then finally change the whole computer on the Compass, and now yesterday it happened again and we were out of town.. Lots of money to get back home... We don't know where to start With Chrysler on this.. I'm posting here just to see if it happened to others or if were an isolated case. Now we cannot trust that Compass ( that she love ) no more it is a serious issue for us.

PS: When this happen you push the gas pedal and the car goes like if you dont know how to drive manual the car goes up and down throttle all the time so acceleration is going nuts...

thanx in advance ...

Sighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07-24-2013, 10:32 AM   #2
FujativeOCR
2011 MK Patriot 

Electronic Throttle Body/Throttle Position Sensor inside of it.

It's on the engine at the end of the air intake somewhere.

I wish manufacturers would just go back to cables. Trouble free.
FujativeOCR is offline   Reply With Quote

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.