Compass SRT-4? - JeepForum.com
Search  
User: Pass: Remember?
Advertise Here
Jeep Home Jeep Forum Jeep Classifieds Jeep Registry JeepSpace Jeep Reviews Jeep Gallery Jeep Clubs Jeep Groups Jeep Videos Jeep Events Jeep Articles
Go Back JeepForum.com > Models > Compass & Patriot Forum > Compass SRT-4?

FS: 2007-2013 Jeep Wrangler "HALO" Angel Eye KitTHE NEW! VANCO DUAL MODE 15”/16″ Big Brake Kit w/BlaFS: Wranger BRIGHT License Plate LED! Just $3! Great value

Unread 10-21-2006, 09:41 PM   #1
JEEPIUS

Compass SRT-4?

I understand the Compass is based on the Caliber, I have a friend that has a Caliber SRT-4 with the 300 hp turbo, so why not in the Compass too??? Like a little brother to the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee.

Last edited by JEEPIUS; 10-24-2006 at 03:07 PM..
JEEPIUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-21-2006, 10:22 PM   #2
marlon_jbt
2010 KK Liberty 

You friend does not have a Caliber SRT-4. It hasn't started production yet.
Unread 10-22-2006, 07:34 AM   #3
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It looks like a release date of 3/12/07 according to this. Did I miss winter? Now there's a happy thought. I feel sure that Jeep has thought of this in a Rally/Performance package of some kind. We'll just have to wait and see what kind of surprise that they come up with.

http://www.arifleet.com/production.html
Gramps is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-22-2006, 09:34 AM   #4
UTB

[10/22/06] Can you post some snapshots of it? LOL . Not yet rolling off the assembly line. [10/22/06] But I would sure like to see a Jeep Compass SRT-4 edition.
UTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 03:44 PM   #5
TimeTraveler
2014 JK Wrangler 

According to some of the reports I have read on the 2.4l engine for the compass, yes it has been over-engineered to be either supercharged or turbocharged up to 300 hp.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

Will the rest of the car handle it, I don't know.

Regarding a Rally or Rallye version. Here is a link to a UK blog site.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/12/j...ye-for-the-uk/

This was all pre-production stuff.

GEO
TimeTraveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-23-2006, 04:40 PM   #6
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimeTraveler
According to some of the reports I have read on the 2.4l engine for the compass, yes it has been over-engineered to be either supercharged or turbocharged up to 300 hp.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/world-engine.html

Will the rest of the car handle it, I don't know.

Regarding a Rally or Rallye version. Here is a link to a UK blog site.

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/12/j...ye-for-the-uk/

This was all pre-production stuff.

GEO

Well, the engine pics in the Allpar link are really nice. Their pre-production mileage figures were a bit high, he, he. If a Caliber suspension can be made to handle an R/T version I'm sure that the Compass can handle some mods too.

I'm really surprised that the Brits didn't like the looks of the Compass considering some of the other stuff that they see over there. However it was a Jeep site and I think we know what some of the hard core Jeep fans think of it over here. I just emailed the pics of mine to a friend over there and he thought it was terrific. So, these people eat steak and kidney pie (from mad cows no doubt), guess I'll just consider the source.
Unread 10-24-2006, 12:31 PM   #7
JEEPIUS

Yes he does!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlon_jbt
You friend does not have a Caliber SRT-4. It hasn't started production yet.
He works At the Auburn Hills Design Center.
If you don't know, don't comment....now I remember why I was away almost 2 years.
Unread 10-24-2006, 01:18 PM   #8
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Quote:
Originally Posted by JEEPIUS
I understand the Compass is based on the Caliber, I have a friend that has a Caliber SRT-4 with the 300 hp turbo, so why not in the Compass too??? Like a little brother to the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee.
So, does your friend at Auburn Hills have one of the Auto Show cars like was at The Chicago Auto Show, et. al. or maybe a test mule? There has been a couple of "Live" forums on the Caliber Forums that I haven't been able to find the time for but it does sound like your friend may have a pre-production model. Still cool, regardless.
rt1.jpg   rt2.jpg  

Last edited by Gramps; 10-24-2006 at 02:06 PM..
Unread 10-24-2006, 03:06 PM   #9
JEEPIUS

It's Pre-Production, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampsmopar
So, does your friend at Auburn Hills have one of the Auto Show cars like was at The Chicago Auto Show, et. al. or maybe a test mule? There has been a couple of "Live" forums on the Caliber Forums that I haven't been able to find the time for but it does sound like your friend may have a pre-production model. Still cool, regardless.
...is supposed to be Production quality. He is an interior erogonmist, and is evaluating interior durability and livability. I have not seen it in person, just pics it's black, has blacked out wheels and random white paint spots (common engineering things).
Unread 10-24-2006, 03:47 PM   #10
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

It would be cool to be an engineer and have this stuff available. I think that we thought that you meant that he OWNED one. Just a mis-interpretation. The Challenger was supposed to be a driver too! I wonder if he'll get his hands on that! I can give you my address just encase he wants to go crusin' in either!!!

As far as sheet metal goes the SRT4's hood and grill are different to accommodate the turbo. The standard Compass engine compartment is a little bigger than the Calibers, big enough that I MIGHT be able to change my own fan belt, no way could I get my hands down there in the Caliber.
Unread 10-24-2006, 06:09 PM   #11
UTB

I still want to see some cool pics. Maybe your friend has some inside info about the Compass coming out with a SRT-4 version.
UTB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 09:51 AM   #12
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
He works At the Auburn Hills Design Center.
If you don't know, don't comment....now I remember why I was away almost 2
years.
Ya know, it's pretty dumb to cop an attitude with the guy cause what he said was a pretty sure bet for 99.9% of the public.

All you said was

Quote:
I have a friend that has a Caliber SRT-4 with the 300 hp turbo, so why not in the Compass too??? Like a little brother to the SRT-8 Grand Cherokee.
And certainly, I'd read "have" to mean own in most conversations.

You could just have easily had said, "I've got a friend who is currently evaluating a test mule or early-production model for evaluation."

As for being "sure" I guess that means there are lots of things you never talk about from quantum physics to religion. There's a crapload of things in this world that are theories. And most forms of communication rely upon at least some generalizations.
Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 11:16 AM   #13
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Don't be so hard. I can't recall how many times that I thought that I explained myself perfectly well only to find out later that I didn't even understand what I had said. It all seamed like it was ironed out, let's just carry on with some good natured posts.
Unread 10-25-2006, 12:47 PM   #14
Kev M
2012 WK 

Quote:
Originally Posted by grampsmopar
Don't be so hard. I can't recall how many times that I thought that I explained myself perfectly well only to find out later that I didn't even understand what I had said. It all seamed like it was ironed out, let's just carry on with some good natured posts.

I don't think I'm being any harder than he was.

You're right though, it doesn't particularly matter.

It's all good.

Now, a 300 hp version WOULD be GOOD.

But I can't talk, on the vehicle I just bought I just purposely DIDN'T buy the 250 hp turbo version and went for a naturally aspirated 165 hp instead for economy and longevity. Still, "more choices are more better"

Kev M is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10-25-2006, 12:53 PM   #15
Gramps
The Necessary Evil

2007 MK Compass 

Same here, no turbo. I know where my foot would be and it's not in my mouth like always. I bought mine for the gas mileage and if I had more ponies available I could probably check my mpg with a stop watch.

gramps

Last edited by Gramps; 10-25-2006 at 01:07 PM..

Suggested Threads

Jeep, Wrangler, Cherokee, Grand Cherokee, and other models are copyrighted and trademarked to Jeep/Chrysler Corporation. JeepForum.com is not in any way associated with Jeep or the Chrysler Corp.