Jeep Enthusiast Forums banner

compass sport semi-automatic transmission issue

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  fuzzyweis 
#1 ·
High,
recently I have recognized that its hard to switch gear to third or not sure if to fourth if I keep my foot on the pedal! unless I release it a bit then press again, so it switches.
and even if I push to full power still not change, thought speed is ingreasing but I see the rpm is higher than normal for instance i drive 60 and rpm on 3 or a bit less than 3, unless I release a bit the pedal then press so i feel the car rests!
any advice?
is that normal? I unplugged the battery for 10 min though does it make any computer reset to the gear? air filter is dirty? or does this kind of sport semi-auto trans has a gasket needs to be changed? should I change oil with filter or only oil? please help.

#4 ·
Its fine Tony, I wont make it better in finnish,
Well Mike, I know its hard but the thing is that it was different before, I can feel the car is like chocked, even the speed keeps increasing, but still see that rpm is high like 2500 or even 3 and it wont switch the gear, so when I release then press back again even if I am on 100km/h the rpm gets as low as 1800 RPM, I dont think its really normal before it was doing like this, press the pedal, 2500 or 3000 rpm then speed is getting higher till some point, then rpm gets lower to start the following gear function, and so on.
I hope I am making it clear now, and thanks for the answer but the issue is still so I apriciate if I get some help here, since the dealer wants 100EU for an hour and no gurantee of fixing it or even the time period for the service to be done!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.